Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ADB/FASTBOOT= Device not Found (Try These)

Tip us?

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
(Last edited by AnGrY sCoTsMaN; 4th July 2014 at 02:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Default ADB/FASTBOOT= Device not Found (Try These)

Right....So your main issue is “device not found in ADB and/or Fastboot”

Adb commands only work when you're booted in the rom or recovery***** Fastboot commands only work when youre in bootloader

Here is a few simple things you can try:

*Try a different recovery.
*Try a different usb data cable.
*Try a different computer.

and this ..a little more time consuming..

*Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979 (obviously delete previous adb/htc sync/drivers etc)
If running windows 8 or above there is a fix in the above link...just read!

*Revert back to windows 7.

*Download “Ubuntu” and run on a livecd (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD) then connect phone and do what you have to do.

*last resort look into things like this : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....wifiadb&hl=en

***If anyone has another solution that works i will update the above****
Cheers
Htc One Mini | Candy Rom| TWRP 2.7.1.1 | HBoot 2.22 | S-OFF | SuperCID | BaNkS Gapps
The Following User Says Thank You to AnGrY sCoTsMaN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ergo Proxy
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Error 404: Page not found...for the first link
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ergo Proxy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Thanks....updated link
Htc One Mini | Candy Rom| TWRP 2.7.1.1 | HBoot 2.22 | S-OFF | SuperCID | BaNkS Gapps
The Following User Says Thank You to AnGrY sCoTsMaN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MommaSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for this,some seem a bit obvious to try BUT trying another data cable,really?
What about manually updating drivers? I think that should be included.Ta

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
(Last edited by AnGrY sCoTsMaN; 3rd July 2014 at 08:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSmith View Post
Thanks for this,some seem a bit obvious to try BUT trying another data cable,really?
What about manually updating drivers? I think that should be included.Ta
Yeah, some are obvious! These are plastered All over XDA and can be found with a quick "search" but a majority of members dunno how to search, so i put what i found in one place.
Trying a different data cable is an ACTUAL thing! i had problems a while back with my s3 not being recognized by PC when using Odin, changing data cable fixed it!
Im pretty sure the link to "15 second ADB installer" automatically updates to the mos trecent drivers anyway? i'll check and if it doesn't i will add that on OP.

cheers

MommaSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks. Hahah Yes some folks don't know how to read, I spent almost a week reading up before I attempted doing anything with my mini and had no problems Installing InsertCoin. I've now changed to PAcman as it uses less space.thank you again