Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sense 6 - UK push to customer

Tip us?

tofuboi01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Sense 6 - UK push to customer

Hello all,

A lurker's first post here.

As the thread title states, HTC has supposedly started pushing Sense 6 to the HTC One Mini in UK (assuming it is also pushing to other countries too). Has anyone have this installed? How does it compare to Sense 6 port ROMs such as InsertCoin?

Currently a Insertcoin user myself, I may backup my ROM and test out HTC's official Sense 6 and provide some user feedback.

Cheers!

xXminiWHOOPERxX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,440

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuboi01 View Post
Hello all,

A lurker's first post here.

As the thread title states, HTC has supposedly started pushing Sense 6 to the HTC One Mini in UK (assuming it is also pushing to other countries too). Has anyone have this installed? How does it compare to Sense 6 port ROMs such as InsertCoin?

Currently a Insertcoin user myself, I may backup my ROM and test out HTC's official Sense 6 and provide some user feedback.

Cheers!
if anyone gets ahold of the update please share with me so i can port tweaks to the base and have a bug free rom...

Thanks Again,
MiniWhooper
InsertCoin, the most advanced Sense 6 ROM for M8 | M7 | M4 | Droid DNA | Butterfly | Butterfly S | Desire 601 | One XL

tofuboi01
Old
(Last edited by tofuboi01; 20th June 2014 at 03:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXminiWHOOPERxX View Post
if anyone gets ahold of the update please share with me so i can port tweaks to the base and have a bug free rom...

Thanks Again,
MiniWhooper
Is this the update file that is downloaded prior to install? If so I can help with that, though I may be doing this tomorrow as have some plans today.

Do I flash the stock KK ROM then get the update file? Could possibly do this while watching the Italy/CR game.

Being a IC user, I'll gladly help in any way as thanks to all your work!

Edit - Actually, is it even possible to still receive HTC updates even if i flashed stock again?

xXminiWHOOPERxX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,440

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Is this the update file that is downloaded prior to install? If so I can help with that, though I may be doing this tomorrow as have some plans today.

Do I flash the stock KK ROM then get the update file? Could possibly do this while watching the Italy/CR game.

Being a IC user, I'll gladly help in any way as thanks to all your work!

Edit - Actually, is it even possible to still receive HTC updates even if i flashed stock again?
Yes once its downloaded, dont reboot but find where the OTA.zip is and upload it and share here on XDA so us devs can use it... and you'd most likely have to flash a stock odex KK rom.... but once the download is finished dont install just share and within a few days i can release a fully working sense 6 IC rom updated with the latest tweaks.... if you can somehow get it today ill be very greatful and will push for a quick release just for you helping me.
InsertCoin, the most advanced Sense 6 ROM for M8 | M7 | M4 | Droid DNA | Butterfly | Butterfly S | Desire 601 | One XL

tofuboi01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Yes once its downloaded, dont reboot but find where the OTA.zip is and upload it and share here on XDA so us devs can use it... and you'd most likely have to flash a stock odex KK rom.... but once the download is finished dont install just share and within a few days i can release a fully working sense 6 IC rom updated with the latest tweaks.... if you can somehow get it today ill be very greatful and will push for a quick release just for you helping me.
It would seem i need to be on hboot 2.19 in order to flash the stock rom on the old partition layout..I really dont feel like subjecting myself through hboot and formatting again when I messed up the phone few weeks ago.

If anyone's on hboot 2.19 and on 4.4.2 stock, please could you provide the OTA.zip for miniwhooper!

Cheers!

xXminiWHOOPERxX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,440

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It would seem i need to be on hboot 2.19 in order to flash the stock rom on the old partition layout..I really dont feel like subjecting myself through hboot and formatting again when I messed up the phone few weeks ago.

If anyone's on hboot 2.19 and on 4.4.2 stock, please could you provide the OTA.zip for miniwhooper!

Cheers!
Do you know how to edit update scripts? If not upload stocks and I'll edit it and then all you have to do is replace it and flash the rom , can't have superCID though you must revert it back to original too

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

tofuboi01
Old
(Last edited by tofuboi01; 21st June 2014 at 10:20 AM.) Reason: fail
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Do you know how to edit update scripts? If not upload stocks and I'll edit it and then all you have to do is replace it and flash the rom , can't have superCID though you must revert it back to original too

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
I didnt know I had downloaded Triggers 4.4.2 stock rooted ROM for the new partition layout, how do I edit the CID again? I should really keep a note of all the edits I do, currently on supercid.

Once I change the CID I can attempt for the OTA file.

EDIT: NVM I found out about changing cid, this is the file I got from the software update:

OTA_M4_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_HTC_Europe_3.10.401.6-3.10.401.4_release_356961.zip

Doesnt seem to be sense 6...

Let me update and see what happens.

edit 2: tried installing the update file but gave an error on the recovery/installing screen then it rebooted saying system is modified so please revert..

Is this due to being s off? rooted? Any suggestions?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tofuboi01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigOaF
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just checked for updates on my generic UK One Mini, no update to Sense 6, still on 5.5

mtbfraser
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm guessing that since miniwhooper posted saying she is releasing a stock rom tonight that she has a copy of an update file?

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Everest_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Can u update when u have a custom recovery?