FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

HTC one mini. Any regrets

411 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

By subh98, Senior Member on 1st April 2014, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guys gonna buy this for at least 1 year. Please tell me honestly have you ever regretted your purchase. All posts will be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

1st April 2014, 10:24 PM |#2  
Ay Ba'h Gum La'ad
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Not once has it even crossed my mind, love the phone. Development isn't as popular as the One, but its better than it was last year. Great phone IMO

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Sirius-C For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 11:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 249

More
In the beginning I had some reservations, but with all phones there are downsides and problems. The phone is quite solid, though my micro usb port has come loose and doesn't work with my computer but still charges fine. This is because I have been quite rough with my cables though, so my fault. I used to be a Samsung fan, but have come to love my HTC phone. If you do decide to get this phone, maybe avoid the white/silver model as there are a few complaints about the plastics on this model. Maybe the issue has been resolved but you don't know if you get old stock from your supplier.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuffBuster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 06:33 AM |#4  
Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffBuster

In the beginning I had some reservations, but with all phones there are downsides and problems. The phone is quite solid, though my micro usb port has come loose and doesn't work with my computer but still charges fine. This is because I have been quite rough with my cables though, so my fault. I used to be a Samsung fan, but have come to love my HTC phone. If you do decide to get this phone, maybe avoid the white/silver model as there are a few complaints about the plastics on this model. Maybe the issue has been resolved but you don't know if you get old stock from your supplier.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

+1 Very true, get the black model or any besides the white/silver one because there are some hairline crack problem. I have at&t so there were no choices between colors so I had to get the white/silver one and I had a replacement for the hairline cracks. Then after like 5 months of the replacement phone that I'm using right now has 2 hairline cracks. If I spot 1 more or before the 1 year warranty ends, I will ask for a replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to abzboi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 07:32 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Means except manufacturer defects you don't have any probs. What a contrast. Same question was asked in xperia z1 compact forum and people had lots of complaints. Well in the end it proves specs don't matter, user experience does.

Last edited by subh98; 2nd April 2014 at 01:19 PM.
2nd April 2014, 05:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i just got mine a few months ago. I was an iphone guy since the first one... tried to go android with the galaxy s4, but ended up taking it back because it was too inconvienent using it with one hand. Considering I was running an alpha of cm11, which just finally went to beta, I'd say it's a great phone, considering I'm not even running stable hardware. battery life is at least on par with my iphone (as long as i'm careful with what's running). So for me.. it's the best adroid fit for myself i've found.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nqr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 06:34 PM |#7  
Flag Lipari
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subh98

Guys gonna buy this for at least 1 year. Please tell me honestly have you ever regretted your purchase. All posts will be appreciated.

At the moment everything is perfect to me with my little baby ( i have it since it was relased in Italy, from september)
The Following User Says Thank You to Crash_HF For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 06:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I like it but man there is some isssues with the 4.4.2 update, like no notification previews on the lockscreen. is anyonw eles getting this problem or is it just me?
The Following User Says Thank You to romy134 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 07:46 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_HF

At the moment everything is perfect to me with my little baby ( i have it since it was relased in Italy, from september)

Yeah its a hell of a beautiful smartphone. In India only HTC one dual sim is there which is thicker than the original and does not have unibody. So that makes the mini one of the most beautiful smart phones and the most beautiful in HTC's portfolio.
3rd April 2014, 07:08 PM |#10  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 67

More
With Jelly Bean, I wasn't impressed with the battery life. Now that I have KitKat, it seems to be far more acceptable. It's still not as good as the old One S (man, that phone was ahead of its time)!

The only other regret is the camera. It works beautifully in low light situations (like dimly lit restaurants), but during all other occasions, the photos have such low resolution that they only look good while viewed on the phone. Viewing them on a computer screen reveals a lack of sharpness and detail in the photos.

Other than that, this phone is sexy and meets all my daily performance needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuffDaddy_d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 11:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It's a sexy phone, but the battery is crap. Hopefully this will get better with CM 11.

BTW, the CM11 that is being worked on is for the AT&T version, will that work with international phones? I'm in sweden and not on at&t.
The Following User Says Thank You to oskimon For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)