Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Broken power button, possible to make Volume keys wake device?

OP 911jason

20th August 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 216

1,133 posts
More
My son broke the power button on his 2013 One Mini and it only works intermittently now... is there a way to make the Volume keys wake up the device? If not, is there a ROM I can install that will provide an alternative method for waking the device?
20th August 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 127

278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason

My son broke the power button on his 2013 One Mini and it only works intermittently now... is there a way to make the Volume keys wake up the device? If not, is there a ROM I can install that will provide an alternative method for waking the device?

Hi , yeah candyRom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...t/rom-t2825888) has the option for volume to wake device, it also has the option to remap keys to do different things. check it out if ya want
The Following User Says Thank You to AnGrY sCoTsMaN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

1,133 posts
More
Thank you very much. Will I be able to install the ROM without being able to use the power button to turn on the device? He now says it's not even intermittently working. Is there a way to turn it on with ADB or some other method if it wasn't already rooted?
21st August 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #4  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 127

278 posts
More
can use adb and fastboot commands to reboot, reboot to recovery, reboot to bootloader but if phone powers down completely then i think your stuck. good luck!
If it's already stuck in powered off state, connect to pc and disconnect soon as you see charging notification, it should boot... Maybe!
Last edited by AnGrY sCoTsMaN; 21st August 2014 at 11:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnGrY sCoTsMaN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag Broadalbin
Thanks Meter: 1,933

1,583 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason

Insertcoin supports volume key wake.
The Following User Says Thank You to xXminiWHOOPERxX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

1,133 posts
More
Thanks... not sure if I'm going to be able to install a custom ROM though since I can't turn it on and it wasn't already rooted. Will have to experiment with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread