Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,631 Members 45,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken power button, possible to make Volume keys wake device?

Tip us?

911jason
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Question Broken power button, possible to make Volume keys wake device?

My son broke the power button on his 2013 One Mini and it only works intermittently now... is there a way to make the Volume keys wake up the device? If not, is there a ROM I can install that will provide an alternative method for waking the device?
Google Nexus 7

HTC One X+

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
My son broke the power button on his 2013 One Mini and it only works intermittently now... is there a way to make the Volume keys wake up the device? If not, is there a ROM I can install that will provide an alternative method for waking the device?
Hi , yeah candyRom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...t/rom-t2825888) has the option for volume to wake device, it also has the option to remap keys to do different things. check it out if ya want
Candy Rom | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.48-4 | HBoot 2.22 | S-OFF | SuperCID | PA PICO Gapps | TBO Apps
The Following User Says Thank You to AnGrY sCoTsMaN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

911jason
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Thank you very much. Will I be able to install the ROM without being able to use the power button to turn on the device? He now says it's not even intermittently working. Is there a way to turn it on with ADB or some other method if it wasn't already rooted?
Google Nexus 7

HTC One X+

AnGrY sCoTsMaN
Old
(Last edited by AnGrY sCoTsMaN; 21st August 2014 at 10:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
can use adb and fastboot commands to reboot, reboot to recovery, reboot to bootloader but if phone powers down completely then i think your stuck. good luck!
If it's already stuck in powered off state, connect to pc and disconnect soon as you see charging notification, it should boot... Maybe!
Candy Rom | PhilZ Touch Recovery 6.48-4 | HBoot 2.22 | S-OFF | SuperCID | PA PICO Gapps | TBO Apps
The Following User Says Thank You to AnGrY sCoTsMaN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xXminiWHOOPERxX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
Insertcoin supports volume key wake.
InsertCoin, the most advanced Sense 6 ROM for M8 | M7 | M4 | Droid DNA | Butterfly | Butterfly S | Desire 601 | One XL
The Following User Says Thank You to xXminiWHOOPERxX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

911jason
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Thanks... not sure if I'm going to be able to install a custom ROM though since I can't turn it on and it wasn't already rooted. Will have to experiment with it.
Google Nexus 7

HTC One X+