Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't flash root rom with twrp

OP zsaintsfan101

26th July 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi, I am new to rooting and flashing roms and I am stuck at the flashing rooted stock rom part of this guide from theunlockr (can't post urls) . The specific name of the rom I am trying to flash is JmzM4StockRooted_Odex_ATT-1.24.502.3 . The problem is that I copied the .zip file onto the root of my sd card and I can see it in the file manager I use, but it doesn't show up in twrp. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.. but when I click the middle menu button it says unable to mount /system. My carrier is AT&T and I unlocked the bootloader through HTC's dev website. Thanks in advance
26th July 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsaintsfan101

Hi, I am new to rooting and flashing roms and I am stuck at the flashing rooted stock rom part of this guide from theunlockr (can't post urls) . The specific name of the rom I am trying to flash is JmzM4StockRooted_Odex_ATT-1.24.502.3 . The problem is that I copied the .zip file onto the root of my sd card and I can see it in the file manager I use, but it doesn't show up in twrp. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.. but when I click the middle menu button it says unable to mount /system. My carrier is AT&T and I unlocked the bootloader through HTC's dev website. Thanks in advance

When your phone is booted, root of SD card is "/sdcard".
But, this location is actually "/data/media/0" when looking from TWRP. So you don't need "/system" partition at all to install this ROM.
Just go to TWRP, use "Install ZIP" option and go to "/data/media/0". Your file should be there, select it and install.
After install is finished, boot into your new ROM.
If you have issues after this and your phone won't boot and is stuck at HTC logo, go to TWRP again and choose "Factory reset". Don't change any options, just execute "Factory reset".
"Factory reset" will not delete your new ROM, it will just make it as you switched on the phone for the first time after unpacking.

And, yes, do a ROM backup from TWRP before you flash another ROM!
If anything goes wrong, you can just restore your original ROM, again from TWRP.
Last edited by Jovke; 26th July 2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typing error
26th July 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovke

When your phone is booted, root of SD card is "/sdcard".
But, this location is actually "/data/media/0" when looking from TWRP. So you don't need "/system" partition at all to install this ROM.
Just go to TWRP, use "Install ZIP" option and go to "/data/media/0". Your file should be there, select it and install.
After install is finished, boot into your new ROM.
If you have issues after this and your phone won't boot and is stuck at HTC logo, go to TWRP again and choose "Factory reset". Don't change any options, just execute "Factory reset".
"Factory reset" will not delete your new ROM, it will just make it as you switched on the phone for the first time after unpacking.

And, yes, do a ROM backup from TWRP before you flash another ROM!
If anything goes wrong, you can just restore your original ROM, again from TWRP.

I can go to /data and then to /media but I don't see a 0.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread