Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 52,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with Sense 6.0 Update

Tip us?

Peshyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Help with Sense 6.0 Update

Hey guys!!
I've had PAC-ROM on my M4 for quite a long time now, decided to go back to stock because of reasons today.. Everything's fine, used TWRP to recover my stock ROM - I've made a backup
Now, I got the message for the Sense 6 update and I was so happy, it downloaded successfully, everything's well at this point. I click on Install Now and it boots to TWRP and nothing else happens.. I can't find a way to update. Can someone please help? ;/

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry if I haven't posted any helpful information, I don't know what to post So tell me if you need to know anything, I'll share it right away

iourikil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshyy View Post
Hey guys!!
I've had PAC-ROM on my M4 for quite a long time now, decided to go back to stock because of reasons today.. Everything's fine, used TWRP to recover my stock ROM - I've made a backup
Now, I got the message for the Sense 6 update and I was so happy, it downloaded successfully, everything's well at this point. I click on Install Now and it boots to TWRP and nothing else happens.. I can't find a way to update. Can someone please help? ;/
)
just flash stock recovery instead of custom TWRP
Stock_DeOdex_Sense 6.0_4.09.401.3, Sense6Toolbox, hboot 2.22.0000, S-OFF, CID-11111111, WhiZZbang v3 [kernel]

Peshyy
Old
(Last edited by Peshyy; 27th August 2014 at 05:12 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iourikil View Post
just flash stock recovery instead of custom TWRP
Ok, thanks.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21&postcount=2 Is the first mentioned 'here' gonna work? the 1.31.401.1 one?
Thanks again :3

Edit:
I've flashed the 1.31.401.1 and it worked! Currently installing the update ;3

iourikil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Ok, thanks.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21&postcount=2 Is the first mentioned 'here' gonna work? the 1.31.401.1 one?
Thanks again :3
use recovery.img from this
firmware m4 OTA 3.10.401.4
https://mega.co.nz/#!eBIRwYIR!vGks0G...RIFAxpMahG7Nk4
Stock_DeOdex_Sense 6.0_4.09.401.3, Sense6Toolbox, hboot 2.22.0000, S-OFF, CID-11111111, WhiZZbang v3 [kernel]

Peshyy
Old
(Last edited by Peshyy; 27th August 2014 at 05:23 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
use recovery.img from this
firmware m4 OTA 3.10.401.4
URL HIDDEN
Ok, thanks! I'll download it right away.. But here's an issue I got while installing the update with the previous recovery.. I get a phone with a red exclamation mark inside a triangle in the middle of updating.. any help ? ;s
Also, can you tell me is there a specific way of installing this recovery? Because there are multiple files and I don't know what to do with all of them ;/

Third edit:
I've just remembered fastboot flashed multiple partitions, so that's what they must be.. so I tried but I get errors on them except boot.img and recovery.img. The radio.img showed an error that the bootloader isn't the correct version or something..

iourikil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Ok, thanks! I'll download it right away.. But here's an issue I got while installing the update with the previous recovery.. I get a phone with a red exclamation mark inside a triangle in the middle of updating.. any help ? ;s
Also, can you tell me is there a specific way of installing this recovery? Because there are multiple files and I don't know what to do with all of them ;/

Third edit:
I've just remembered fastboot flashed multiple partitions, so that's what they must be.. so I tried but I get errors on them except boot.img and recovery.img. The radio.img showed an error that the bootloader isn't the correct version or something..
extract file recovery.img from zip archive
and flash it as usual
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

Peshyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
extract file recovery.img from zip archive
and flash it as usual
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
I get the same error... the Phone with a red exclamation mark with a triangle around it.. Is it because I'm rooted. I just searched and it might be it..
Should I follow the guide on theunlockr.com / 2014 / 03 / 18 / unroot-htc-one-mini /

So.. Should I only lock the bootloader or completely unroot it?
I'll try with only locking the bootloader in a sec..

Peshyy
Old
(Last edited by Peshyy; 27th August 2014 at 05:52 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ok, here's what happens when I use fastboot oem lock : snag.gy / CnD59.jpg .. The bootloader shows as "RELOCKED", which is good.. but I still fail to install the update.. But regarding the un-rooting process, on theunlockr what is posted the .exe is US.. I'm from Bulgaria, which is Europe.. and if I download a UK version of the .exe will it still work ?

Edit.. will a tool like Revolutionary work? I saw it just sets the phone to S-OFF

jollywhitefoot
Old
(Last edited by jollywhitefoot; 27th August 2014 at 06:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Ok, here's what happens when I use fastboot oem lock : snag.gy / CnD59.jpg .. The bootloader shows as "RELOCKED", which is good.. but I still fail to install the update.. But regarding the un-rooting process, on theunlockr what is posted the .exe is US.. I'm from Bulgaria, which is Europe.. and if I download a UK version of the .exe will it still work ?

Edit.. will a tool like Revolutionary work? I saw it just sets the phone to S-OFF
I know that you can't get OTA with unlocked bootloader and rooted, and I don't think you can do it with a re-locked bootloader either.

OTA also failed for me with a "locked" bootloader, where i used revone to set the bootloader to Locked rather than Relocked.

The only way i've gotten OTA to install was to run the Att Ruu.exe to restore to stock. If i run update immediately after that, it works. If i do other things, like unlock, root, etc, the oTA fails, just the same as yours is failing.

If you want sense 6, the easiest way, from where you are now, would be to flash twrp 2.7.1.1 recovery, then install the stock sense 6 rom in the development section. If you're not on the latest firmware (hboot 2.22) then the path is a little longer, as you will have to s-off, then update firmware, then flash sense 6 rom.

Peshyy
Old
(Last edited by Peshyy; 27th August 2014 at 06:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollywhitefoot View Post
I know that you can't get OTA with unlocked bootloader and rooted, and I don't think you can do it with a re-locked bootloader either.

OTA also failed for me with a "locked" bootloader, where i used revone to set the bootloader to Locked rather than Relocked.

The only way i've gotten OTA to install was to run the Att Ruu.exe to restore to stock. If i run update immediately after that, it works. If i do other things, like unlock, root, etc, the oTA fails, just the same as yours is failing.

If you want sense 6, the easiest way, from where you are now, would be to flash twrp 2.7.1.1 recovery, then install the stock sense 6 rom in the development section. If you're not on the latest firmware (2.22) then the path is a little longer, as you will have to s-off, then update firmware, then flash sense 6 rom.
Ok, thanks for the info.. I don't know how to find my firmware.. It doesn't show up on the About phone menu.. I've gone to the bootloader and it isn't there as well.. if it's the hboot, my hboot is 2.21.0000, meaning it isn't 2.22.. ;/
Also.. can you tell me what *** TAMPERED *** means in the bootloader? Right above *** RELOCKED ***.

And what is the 'Att Ruu.exe'? I don't mind having no root, no unlocked bootloader, etc.. I want the pure HTC experience again..

Edit: I saw that 'Att Ruu.exe' stands for the AT&T model.. the thing is that mine isn't AT&T.. mine is international, I think.. doesn't have any other branding or whatsoever..