[Q] HTC One Mini - and no power button

OP manu97one

4th August 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi, from Paris.

My girlfriend got an Htc one Mini (M4), after a year of service , she had nearly crushed this one. I've decided to give her my M7 and buy an M8 for me. everybody is happy with his new phone, but now she need to recover her data from the phone

she had destroyed her power button, only the wire is still present but no button above. see attached files IMAG0938.jpg

I was wonder if there is a way to switch it on without power button, I don't want to fix it because the phone won't be used anymore.

I've tried adb but it is not listed in adb devices.

Tried to see if there is a way to swith it on like a computer with a screwdriver, didn't find.

Seems that when the phone is plugged to a computer, if you remove the battery and replace it, phone is sense to switch on. But the battery here is unremovable. I manage to find the wire between the battery and the mothercard, see attached files IMAG0939.jpg, the gold one in the right bottom corner. I've tried to plug it on the computer, it shows me that the battery is charging, unplug the wire, it shows that there is a problem with the battery and shuts down. replug it, it shows me battery level another time but doesn't boot.

Did somebody have any solution for me except to pay a 49 button, just in order to turn on the phone and retrieve the data, 10 minutes???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0938.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (236.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0939.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (244.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0941.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (245.7 KB, 23 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread