Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Sms/Call in or out - data fine - hardware or software issue?!

Tip us?

justthefaceschange
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] No Sms/Call in or out - data fine - hardware or software issue?!

Hi,

I have a fairly recent HTC One Mini which I bought off a friend so I have no proof of purchase for it.

It was working fine with calls / texts / data apart from a few texts from iPhone devices.
I removed my number from iCloud on all devices and phoned up apple for them to remove me from their phone list.

Phone was still working fine and I could text / phone / use data no bother.

Then one day it decided to stop receiving and sending any texts and phone calls.
The data is still working fine and connects to the network.

I went to my service provider who provided me with a new sim card. I tried the sim card in a different old phone and it works fine with texts and calls.
I put this sim in my HTC One Mini and it still does not work with texts and calls but connects to the network fine and works fine with data…

Any ideas on why this might be?
I was going to try and downgrade the software to 4.3.1 or something but after reading all the different steps I have to go through I might just end up getting another phone and trying to fix this whenever I actually have some time to loose on this!

If anyone has any ideas as to whether it might be software / hardware issue it would be great… seems like an odd one since I can use the data fine but the rest won't work?!

Cheers in advance for any suggestions...

_REDFOX_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried Factory Reset?

justthefaceschange
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by _REDFOX_ View Post
Have you tried Factory Reset?
Yes I have.

I am starting to believe the phone might have been reported stolen / blacklisted as it seems to do that for others too after some more research… however when I check on a free imei checks websites the imei seems fine...

_REDFOX_
Old
(Last edited by _REDFOX_; 1st July 2014 at 09:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I think you're running Stock Rom without any modifications, am I right? Did you tried a SIM by another provider yet?

justthefaceschange
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by _REDFOX_ View Post
I think you're running Stock Rom without any modifications, am I right? Did you tried a SIM by another provider yet?
Yes It is the original ROM and no modifications.

I have a feeling the person I purchased it from might have been nice for a few weeks and then decided to report it stolen and make it blacklisted however when I check online it is not a blocked IMEI so I am unsure what to do…

Would there be a fix to this or would I just need to sell it for parts / use without the network?

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

MommaSmith
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Who's your service provider? Sprint, by any chance ?

justthefaceschange
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSmith View Post
Who's your service provider? Sprint, by any chance ?
No it was Orange / EE in the UK…

I ended up just getting a new phone on upgrade… would still love to fix it though so that i can get it sold rather than use for testing purposes...