FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Exclamation One Mini stuck in the bootloader

25th June 2014, 06:01 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I tried to turn on my phone and it goes straight to the bootloader. Its not in a boot loop. but in the bootloader (*** unlocked ***) at the top. Choosing factory reset and recovery only brings me back to the bootloader. Fastboot doesn't recognize the USB. Need help.
 
 
26th June 2014, 09:12 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insertmynamethere

I tried to turn on my phone and it goes straight to the bootloader. Its not in a boot loop. but in the bootloader (*** unlocked ***) at the top. Choosing factory reset and recovery only brings me back to the bootloader. Fastboot doesn't recognize the USB. Need help.

if you don't care about your data, just run the RUU.exe for you device, but make sure you install the drivers from HTC first.
27th June 2014, 10:16 AM |#3  
mtbfraser's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Do you have a custom recovery installed? Can you use fastboot?

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th June 2014, 04:56 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbfraser

Do you have a custom recovery installed? Can you use fastboot?

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fastboot says "fastboot usb" but Adb devices and fastboot devices show nothing. whats happening is that even if i choose to power down in the fastboot menu on the phone, it will boot back up on its own, into the bootloader. I am able to boot to the OS if i am lucky by hard powering off (holding the power button), then letting go of the power button, and at a precise moment pressing the power button.
29th June 2014, 08:42 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Oosterhout
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I've had the same problem, what i did was put my pc a few weeks back using recovery points. Then i was able to use fastboot again. After that flash a stock boot.img trough fastboot. My phone started up again.

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Free mobile app
30th June 2014, 10:11 AM |#6  
mtbfraser's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Sounds like a pc driver problem, windows 8?

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd July 2014, 02:49 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbfraser

Sounds like a pc driver problem, windows 8?

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yea. windows 8.1 actually. it was working fine before, but now, when i can miraculously boot, the phone wont mount USB so i cant access storage. i was able literally the day i wrote this post.
4th July 2014, 12:27 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I was having a similar problem in windows 7 I have a thread that may help you which I can't link to now but scroll down the main page.

Sent from my HTC One mini using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes