Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Mini Cracks

Tip us?

azzerc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default HTC One Mini Cracks

Hi guys.

I have recently upgraded to the HTC One Mini and I have to say that I'd love this handset if it wasn't for the fact that the plastic edge/chassis keeps cracking. I am on my second handset as Vodafone were happy enough to replace my first one when I reported this issue to them but it has happened again on my second. These small cracks were not there when I first got either of the two handsets but seemed to appear after a few days of use. I have been back to the store again and they will replace the handset or let me change to a different model/brand so there is no issue there. My question are: Has anyone else had this issue? As I can't seem to find any info on other instances. And, Does it's big brother the HTC One have the same issue as I may upgrade to that?

Cheers guys any info would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to azzerc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PianoSam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I got mine from Vodafone the first day they came out ..your post has had me scurrying to a bright light to check.
So far no cracks...pheeeew
Where do they appear for you...can you take a picture? Are they the same place each time?
Can you think of anything you may be doing that could trigger it? Heat etc
All the best,
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzerc View Post
Hi guys.

I have recently upgraded to the HTC One Mini and I have to say that I'd love this handset if it wasn't for the fact that the plastic edge/chassis keeps cracking. I am on my second handset as Vodafone were happy enough to replace my first one when I reported this issue to them but it has happened again on my second. These small cracks were not there when I first got either of the two handsets but seemed to appear after a few days of use. I have been back to the store again and they will replace the handset or let me change to a different model/brand so there is no issue there. My question are: Has anyone else had this issue? As I can't seem to find any info on other instances. And, Does it's big brother the HTC One have the same issue as I may upgrade to that?

Cheers guys any info would be appreciated.

azzerc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I do have photographs but I can't upload or link them as I don't have enough posts. I will do it when I achieve the 10 post mark.

The situation at the moment is that the Vodafone store manager has passed photos onto the local HTC rep and we are awaiting a response. As for potential causes I have no idea as I am particularly careful with my phone's (to protect resale values) and even more so as this is a brand new handset.

Sent from my HTC One Mini using Tapatalk 2

holyevilcow
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Keep us posted.

Ecstacy42
Old
(Last edited by Ecstacy42; 4th September 2013 at 06:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 80
Hi, I'm planning on getting this phone in a few days. If you want you can PM me the pictures and I'll upload them in this thread for you. Otherwise you can probably upload them to an image hosting site and then link to them.

Busted.
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I experianced the same issue !

I preordered the mobile, I got it like a month now. I take care of this mobile. It never fell on anything.

But it has this mini mini cracks on the plastic edge (left corner, downside.)

It wasnt there when I got the phone, but it appeared from nothing !
Same as yours.

I guessed that the phone got hot while charging, and the aluminium started getting a little bigger. So the plastic was pushed outside and cracked.

Sent from my HTC One mini using xda app-developers app

Ice-Dead
Old
Thanks Meter 8
after 5 days no problems and no cracks, i keep you updated if something happens.

tinezi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I received mine device yesterday and have spotted no cracks.

killerb777
Old
Thanks Meter 35
wonder if this is vodafones (euro) mini or the US as well. I'm abit hesitant now on picking this up with a chance that the plastic frame might start cracking later on.

azzerc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Hopefully this will work. There are a couple more cracks on other photos but I have left them on my laptop at work.

hxxp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/07/3amama9u.jpg

Not much has changed since my last post I have noticed one more crack and I am still waiting for the store manager to get back to me with feedback from the HTC rep, I may pop in tomorrow to follow up on the issue.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to azzerc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]