Do you want 2.16 HBOOT builds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
banner.png

Here is SlimROM based on latest Lollipop sources!

This is UNOFFICIAL build.
Do not report bugs to SlimROM team.

Available for [2.15] users

Code:
Flash order, S-off:

1. Flash TWRP 2.8.3.0
2. Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
3. Flash [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22271"]ROM[/URL]
4. Flash [URL="http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900"]PA GApps[/URL]
5. Reboot

Code:
Flash order, S-on:

1. Flash TWRP 2.8.3.0
4. Flash [URL="http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900"]PA GApps[/URL]
5. Reboot to bootloader
6. Extract boot.img from ROM's zip
7. fastboot flash boot boot.img
8. Reboot

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Download ROM - AFH

XDA:DevDB Information
[UNOFFICIAL] [5.0.*] [S4] SlimROM, HBOOT 2.15, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
mikronac.ns
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 2.15

Version Information

Created 2014-12-04
Last Updated 2015-05-29

Last edited:

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
Resized screenshots are attached...

Attachments

• screenshot_2014-12-04-23-57-12.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-57-12.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 5,340
  • screenshot_2014-12-04-23-57-39.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-57-39.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5,377
  • screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-13.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-13.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 5,597
  • screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-27.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-27.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 5,624
  • screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-33.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-33.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 5,506
  • screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-39.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-39.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 5,262
  • screenshot_2014-12-04-23-59-48.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-59-48.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5,367
  • screenshot_2014-12-05-00-01-41.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-05-00-01-41.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5,333
  • screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-20.jpg
    screenshot_2014-12-04-23-58-20.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5,249
Last edited:

Loreane Van Daal

Nov 16, 2012
Београд
I do like boot animation, and had a pleasure to look @ it for almost five minutes. That long took for first boot. So, patience on first flash. After that, boot is very fast. Now, to setup and restore ;)
Density of 182 is to low for me, will try with 220.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikronac.ns

mikronac.ns

Apr 25, 2012
Novi Sad
I do like boot animation, and had a pleasure to look @ it for almost five minutes. That long took for first boot. So, patience on first flash. After that, boot is very fast. Now, to setup and restore ;)

On Slim I don't have app minimizing, for now... But missing some options like buttons setup, delayed SMS sending. Boot animation is cool :)
Rom is stable... Slim team also pushing commits very fast...

Sent from my One S

Loreane Van Daal

Nov 16, 2012
Београд
Thanks for infos. Settled on 210 density, now waiting for gapps to update, accounts and Titanium data restored. After i fill it with my apps, we'll see how it will behave. First with stock kernel than with icecode.
Now i noticed. Dialer have FC, no calls can't be made.

Loreane Van Daal

Nov 16, 2012
Београд
No more dialer fc :) . And yes, custom buttons r must have.
One question - is there any "procedure" that i must follow when i flash new bulids so that i don't loose all system apps. Usually I'm left with a few google apps, rest apps r gone. Since Titanium have a issues with restoring system apps, I'm stucked.

grorg

No more dialer fc :) . And yes, custom buttons r must have.
One question - is there any "procedure" that i must follow when i flash new bulids so that i don't loose all system apps. Usually I'm left with a few google apps, rest apps r gone. Since Titanium have a issues with restoring system apps, I'm stucked.

As it was mentioned in other thread, just flash supersu and titanium will work fine. I've tested it myself.

Loreane Van Daal

Nov 16, 2012
Београд
As it was mentioned in other thread, just flash supersu and titanium will work fine. I've tested it myself.

Thanks, but that's what i do always. Titanium restores only user apps, not system - on system apps it state restored but none is. Same thing is with nand backup restore. Can't figure out why, so is there any solution that i can flash a new build and not to loose most if system apps? It's make very difficult for me to upgrade or test roms. Testing roms without recreating "real usage" is no testing for me. And upgrading, with this pace, is becoming annoying :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Here is SlimROM based on latest Lollipop sources!

This is UNOFFICIAL build.
    Do not report bugs to SlimROM team.

Available for [2.15] users

Code:
    Flash order, S-off:

1. Flash TWRP 2.8.3.0
    5. Reboot

Code:
    Flash order, S-on:

1. Flash TWRP 2.8.3.0
    5. Reboot to bootloader
    6. Extract boot.img from ROM's zip
    7. fastboot flash boot boot.img
    8. Reboot

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Download ROM - AFH

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] [5.0.*] [S4] SlimROM, HBOOT 2.15, ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    mikronac.ns
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.15

Version Information

Created 2014-12-04
    Last Updated 2015-05-29
    You're the man.
    Thanks

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app
    OK...so here it goes.

Boot animation is awesome...really. I loved the old Slim bootanimation but the new "LP" one is great too. ROM takes some time for the initial boot, it seemed to me longer than other ROMs. I've used the dedicated full Slim GAPPS package from their site and that includes more apps than the PA GAPPS I'm using normally so this can be a reason for the longer initial boot time (more apps to be optimized).

Initial DPI is set to 200 which makes everything (especially text) looks small...for those having an issue with this you can set the font size in Settings - Display to "huge" or edit the build.prop to change DPI to another value (default for our device is 240)

They changed some apps and therefore the tinted statusbar for those apps has gone...Messaging is one of those. On the other hand it has all the options from the KK Messaging app (font size, current time stamp, support for non standard char set, emoji, editing area size and so on). It might be as well the KK messaging app on which they have added the "new" button as in Lollipop (that + in a colored circle).

Dialer is modified too but I don't understand why...maybe to be prepared for the TRDS. For now the whole interface is light not dark (and there's no TRDS button also). The problem is that they have removed an option when changing the dialer and I don't know why either since it was working great ...and useful too. That "network event notification" that I was very much missing from the JellyBean era (it was present in KK too but it never worked on any KK ROM). So maybe they'll reconsider and add it back. Also the bug of importing/exporting contacts to sdcard is not fixed, trying to do so results in dialer FC.

No apps are dark themed even if they're included in the Slim GAPPS package...Play Store, Maps, Calendar, G+, Hangouts and so on are similar with the normal ones, I couldn't find a real difference

Button remapping is not implemented yet so there is no way to set a button for menu...not even long press home. Also there's no "back key long press to kill app" in Dev Options. Chamber of Secrets is also not added yet.

Overall ROM works great, has a fluid UI (but that's mostly on all LP ROMs). Does have features like the QS smart pull down, vol wake, lockscreen shortcuts, heads-up for all apps (you have to manually enable it for each app tho) and clock customization but lacks others like the network speed in status bar, battery percentage...

ROM comes with superuser and it works out of the box (just check in Dev Options that root is enabled for apps & ADB). No need to flash superSU.

That is a quick review since I had to revert to my backup (have some things to do) cause I couldn't spend time to set up all my apps and phone. No other issues found tho so it'll be a nice ROM to use as a daily and I'm sure more options will be added
    AFH has some problems, ROM is uploaded here
    new version is uploaded.
    HBOOT 2.15:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934524931
    *Not Tested*
    @truevision if you flash it, please write little review for other people...
    I've flashed it, I don't have many things to add since my last quick review of this (in December).

Still there are some customization missing, some that we were used to find in most of the LP ROMs. There is no network speed indicator and battery icon settings, button remap is still not in. I was hoping to see Ambient Display for notifications but that's missing too. There is no "clear all" button in recents either. The default DPI is still set to 200 so who feel it to be too low might want to do a build.prop edit to set the standard (240) or another one as needed. No QS tiles reordering or customization. So those who look for options will be disappointed. On the other hand, don't forget this is SLIM ROM...they were well known for the small size ROMs and that they add only minimum needed options, focusing on speed, stability and usability. It could be that some options will be added but it is too early to tell that.

A good thing is that they come back to the standard LP dialer and now the network event notification option is back.

ROM IS FAST. Now after I've tested alot of LP ROMs I can say this is the fastest and most fluid one...despite the missing features the feeling is great.

This time I had to flash Super SU in recovery. Last time when I've tested this ROM, the included superuser app was working fine, but this time I had no root so I had to flash Super SU. After that everything went fine.

Now to the part I was interested in...the new theme engine or Layers how it is named. Based on Sony's RRO this Layers app is replacing CM12 Theme Engine on several ROMs that preferred this approach. Slim is among them (LiquidSmnooth is also but it is not yet functional) and I read that on this rom Layers should properly work so that made me curious to try it.

At first the Layers app was not even installed so I had a bad feeling...I installed it from Play Store HERE (you have to be member of the beta testers to download it) then I had another bad feeling...no overlays were shown in the list even if they were. Then it came to me that I should have root access for it to work. OK, reboot recovery, flash super SU, reboot and enter the app a second time. Relief...overlays were there and shown. Now I've started to hope, I installed the dialer dark one and rebooted...and YES, IT IS WORKING.

I then installed all the olverlays I had from that theme (there's a community on G+ HERE about Layers and the themes created for them) and I can say everything is working great. The outcome is as in the screenshots

The point is...Layers ARE WORKING. On that community or on XDA threads you can find more themes and as far as I know all are free for now. Instructions to install and use them can be find in the BitSyko Layers thread HERE

Another good thing is that LiquidSmooth will rebase to Slim according to Sean Hoyt so the Layers will properly work on LS too.

Oh...did I say this ROM IS FAST?... :good:

EDIT: OK, so I got some more teaser pics of what Layers can do, I can hardly wait till this will work on LS too...
    New version is up. Both HBOOTs.