Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to upgrade to hboot 2.16

Tip us?

MarcTremonti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default how to upgrade to hboot 2.16

I want to try liberty rom and it needs newer hboot. I have a really old hboot and i wonder how/where to get a new one. And are there any disadvantages with the 2.16 hboot? Because i remember in the past my old hboot was good because i wiuld flash radios even with s-on. But now im s-off so maybe it doesnt even matter...just asking.^^

gbx.ger
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTremonti View Post
I want to try liberty rom and it needs newer hboot. I have a really old hboot and i wonder how/where to get a new one. And are there any disadvantages with the 2.16 hboot? Because i remember in the past my old hboot was good because i wiuld flash radios even with s-on. But now im s-off so maybe it doesnt even matter...just asking.^^
Disadvantages:
You have only the choice between cikoleko's [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][04-JUL] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16] and bilals [ROM][4.4.2][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY One S - The Sixth Element, which are currently supporting hboot 2.16.

I've you decide to switch over to hboot 2.16, you may follow the steps described in {Discussion}{KK 4.4.2}{Sense 6}{S4} Liberty ROM & Flashing Instructions (thx to dd98) starting with point 5-15.
The Following User Says Thank You to gbx.ger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarcTremonti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx.ger View Post
Disadvantages:
You have only the choice between cikoleko's [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][04-JUL] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16] and bilals [ROM][4.4.2][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY One S - The Sixth Element, which are currently supporting hboot 2.16.

I've you decide to switch over to hboot 2.16, you may follow the steps described in {Discussion}{KK 4.4.2}{Sense 6}{S4} Liberty ROM & Flashing Instructions (thx to dd98) starting with point 5-15.
ok, and will i be able to go back on lower hboot if i later decide to use another ROM?

gbx.ger
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTremonti View Post
ok, and will i be able to go back on lower hboot if i later decide to use another ROM?
Yes for sure!
The Following User Says Thank You to gbx.ger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarcTremonti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
alright, thats everything i wanted to know. ty very much!

Superchill11
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Question Hboot 2.16 changes

Does anyone know what the changes are from Hboot 2.15 to 2.16? Is there more storage space for the user?

Thanks!