Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did Method 1 work for you?
Yes 1 14.29%
No 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[FIX][Win 8.1][NEW INSTRUCTIONS & WORKING DRIVERS][APR-11] Fastboot on AMD PCs

Tip us?

dd98
Old
(Last edited by dd98; 14th April 2014 at 03:47 PM.) Reason: Fixed Step 1 Download Link
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 474
Talking [FIX][Win 8.1][NEW INSTRUCTIONS & WORKING DRIVERS][APR-11] Fastboot on AMD PCs

Hello xda, here is a fix for fastboot on Windows 8.1

Quote:
Quote:
Read these notes before continuing!!!
  • I DO NOT take responsibility if you break anything
  • This is for people with WINDOWS 8.1, 64 BIT edition
  • This WILL NOT work with Windows 8.1, 32 Bit edition
  • This WILL NOT work with USB 2.0 ports, USB 3.0 ONLY
  • You MUST install compatible drivers afterwards, HTC drivers are listed below
  • This might not work for everyone
Method 1

1. Download from here (First Download Option) and install it (During installation MAKE SURE that you DO NOT change the installation location - It will be C:\AMD by default).
  2. Go to Desktop, press Windows key + R (at the same time), type in "shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00" and click OK.
  3. Now click on Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options then Start Up Settings.
  4. Now click Restart. Let the PC restart and press either the number 7 or F7.
  5. Press the Windows Key + R (at the same time) and type in "devmgmt.msc".
  6. Expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
  7. Right-click on "AMD USB3.0" (It should display this at the start) and click on "Update Driver Software".
  8. Now click on "Browse my Computer for Driver Software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click on "Have Disk" and then "Browse".
  10. Now navigate to "This PC (On left side) >> Local Disk (C: ) >> AMD >> Support >> 13-12_win7_win8_32-64_sb >> Packages >> Drivers >> SBDrv >> hseries >> USB30 >> amdxhc >> W764A". Then double-click on "amdxhc.inf" and then "OK".
  11. Now double-click on "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller". It will begin installing.
  12. Once it is finished, close all the Device Manager windows and restart as normal.
  13. When you are logged back on press Windows Key + R and type in "devmgmt.msc".
  14. Then expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
  15. Under "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller" confirm that there is "AMD USB 3.0 Root Hub"
  16. If there is then you are done, if not then try again.

Method 2: Please comment your results (thanks to @badtzo)

The drivers on this thread doesn't work for me (can't install because incompatible drivers). But you give me a clue... so I search for AMD + Renesas USB 3.0 and I found this drivers after reading a lot of webs.

This guy give me the solution

So I searched for that version of Renesas Drivers and her It is.

Now my PC (Gygabite + AMD + Renesas USB3) is showing FASTBOOT USB on Windows 8.1

Hope this drivers work for some one.
Please vote in poll at the top and hit the thanks button if this guide helped
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dd98
Old
(Last edited by dd98; 11th April 2014 at 10:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 474
Smile HTC Drivers working with Windows 8.1 x64

HTC Driver Install Instructions

Quote:
  1. Go to Desktop, press Windows key + R, type in "shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00" and click OK.
  2. Now click on Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options then Start Up Settings.
  3. Now click Restart. Let the PC restart and press either the number 7 or F7.
  4. Download this and install it.
  5. Wait for it to finish and then reboot and enjoy
Make sure you plug your phone into a USB 3.0 port EVERY Time when using Fastboot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dd98
Old
(Last edited by dd98; 11th April 2014 at 11:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 474
Question Roll Back Driver

If you have any problems with your USB 3.0 port afterwards and want to return it to original driver, follow these steps to return to your original driver

Quote:
  1. Press Windows key + R, type in "devmgmt.msc" and click OK.
  2. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
  3. The USB 3.0 port is listed as "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller", double-click on it and select the Driver tab, click "Roll back driver" and select Yes.
  4. Restart your computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justion
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to justion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blacksantron
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd98 View Post
Today I present to you a fix for fastboot on Windows 8.1 x64 on Intel and AMD machines with USB 3.0. This will NOT work on USB 2.0. This should work if you follow instructions exactly. I am not responsible if anything goes wrong and/or breaks. The Intel fix is NOT mine I'm just posting it here for convenience (Original Intel tutorial here)

All credits for the Intel solution go to the people here

Please hit the thanks button if it helped
im getting an error when extracting the amd fix zip
Phone: HTC One

dd98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 474
try 7zip or winrar to extract

Current Phone: HTC One (M7) | Android Revolution HD 71.1 | Stock Kernel | 5.11.401.10

Previous Phones: HTC One S (S4) | Sony Xperia U | Samsung Galaxy Mini

blacksantron
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
try 7zip or winrar to extract
Went nuclear and am installing Ubuntu as we speak... But as soon as it's done I'm going back to try this... I simply used whatever decompressor is in win explorer, even though I have both 7zip and winrar..... (Forehead smack)

dd98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 474
i uploaded folder to mega so here you go: https://mega.co.nz/#F!C0gQSQCC!VixiF0rMM71qXVzXeWS5KA

Current Phone: HTC One (M7) | Android Revolution HD 71.1 | Stock Kernel | 5.11.401.10

blacksantron
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
i uploaded folder to mega so here you go: https://mega.co.nz/#F!C0gQSQCC!VixiF0rMM71qXVzXeWS5KA
i truly appreciate you taking the time to do that for me.. truly!

however, since going to dualboot linux ive solved all those problems... have new ones now though

No radio, no firmware it seems... have a rom that boots but no way to connect..
Achieved S-OFF trying to fix it but no... nothing works... should i be using a sense rom?

thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to blacksantron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dd98
Old
(Last edited by dd98; 11th January 2014 at 10:40 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 474
you shouldnt need a sense rom, why dont you download amd fix.zip in ubuntu, extract it and move the files to your windows partition and then try to fix your usb then try running an ruu

try to fix adb on linux try this

1. Open terminal
2. type this: sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules and hit enter
3. considering your phone is htc type in the following on the text editor window: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

4. save the file and restart your computer

or if this didnt work try this: http://androidonlinux.wordpress.com/...-adb-on-linux/

The Following User Says Thank You to dd98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
amd, fastboot, htc drivers, windows 8.1 x64, woohoo