Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No System,hboot 2.16,48mb of memory!!HELP!!

Tip us?

the_ziom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Unhappy No System,hboot 2.16,48mb of memory!!HELP!!

Hello i had the liberty rom sense 5.5 but i wanted to upgrade to sense 6 and tht involved uprgading from hboot 2.15 to 2.16
and i started to the prosedure. I downloaded and flashed libertyrom.zip, upgraded to hboot 2.16, flashed twrp as needed and the problems started.
the system did not start infact system booted as twrp when i flashed philz revocery i only had 48mb but twrp still was as system (i could not mount sd card in all for the recoverys available) i tryed running the ruu for europe but it came out as a failiour.
Can someone plz help me because i dont know wat to do.
HTC ONE S (S4)

Hit That Thanks Button if I Helped You

Dr. Globbyglob
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ziom View Post
Hello i had the liberty rom sense 5.5 but i wanted to upgrade to sense 6 and tht involved uprgading from hboot 2.15 to 2.16
and i started to the prosedure. I downloaded and flashed libertyrom.zip, upgraded to hboot 2.16, flashed twrp as needed and the problems started.
the system did not start infact system booted as twrp when i flashed philz revocery i only had 48mb but twrp still was as system (i could not mount sd card in all for the recoverys available) i tryed running the ruu for europe but it came out as a failiour.
Same help!

808phone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
This is a guess. My phone said something like zero mb and couldn't load sdcard partition at all.
I had to put back the STOCK recovery and run it. For others they had to choose factory reset (I didn't have to do this). Then the sdcard partition was ok.
Device: HTC One S
ROM: CandyKat - Best so far!
Kernel: Pure CandyKat

Dr. Globbyglob
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
This is a guess. My phone said something like zero mb and couldn't load sdcard partition at all.
I had to put back the STOCK recovery and run it. For others they had to choose factory reset (I didn't have to do this). Then the sdcard partition was ok.
I did that but i cant boot into anything!

808phone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Globbyglob View Post
I did that but i cant boot into anything!
Darn....
I guess try working through this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630459
Device: HTC One S
ROM: CandyKat - Best so far!
Kernel: Pure CandyKat
The Following User Says Thank You to 808phone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dr. Globbyglob
Old
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808phone View Post
Darn....
I guess try working through this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630459
Thanks. I got s-off from rumrunner, so ill just ruu back

xcelent noobs
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ziom View Post
The hboot 2.16 is not compatible with the previous Rom hence it shows as 48mb only.
U need to change the ROM that is compatible with the hboot 2.16.
U can't copy the zip to ur memory to flash. So use OTG copy the zip to ur pen drive and connect it ,then select otg in the recovery to install the ROM.
Now make sure you have atleast 50% charge to flash new ROM.
Enjoy....
The Following User Says Thank You to xcelent noobs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Weber2014
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had the same problems with flashing the liberty Roms. After some trys I found the failure at my phone. Just for info: the liberty roms (sense 5.5 & 6) are compatible with hboot 2.16

My phone:
Moonshine soff
Hboot 2.16
Radio: 1.20
Twrp 2.7.1.2

By using an official twrp or cwm u'll have only about 50mb storage and no access to the usual storage folders.

By using the maximus HD 10 twrp (modified version 2.6.3.0) the whole storage is available and the sense 5.5 working fine, the sense 6 not.

By using the unofficial Twrp 2.7.1.2 from "cm11 unofficial hboot2.16" both roms are working fine and whole storage is available.

Maybe that could help...

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app

CUSXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi

Had the 48mb problem myself just last week after updating to 2.16 hboot and installing MaximusHD ROM.

Turns out you need a MODIFIED TWRP for 2.16 hboot....all the official TWRP's are for 2.15 hboot (Thanks to Raiper for this info!! )

Download the modified for 2.16 twrp-2.7.1.0a-ville-dm from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2781019

Worked for my 48mb problem

nguyenandtvt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2751518
this is stock 4.2.2 with h.boot 2.16