No registration required

hboot 2.16 advantages?

OP Folrot

17th August 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hi,

one thing I haven't understood yet is what advantage hboot 2.16 would give me. What's the difference for example between using CM11 official for hboot 2.15 and the unofficial version for 2.16? Can someone enlighten me?

- Folrot
18th August 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 86

270 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folrot

Hi,

one thing I haven't understood yet is what advantage hboot 2.16 would give me. What's the difference for example between using CM11 official for hboot 2.15 and the unofficial version for 2.16? Can someone enlighten me?

- Folrot

In terms of the actual ROM itself there are no differences.

The 2.15 version of CM11 is official, which means the latest versions are automatically built by CyanogenMod and uploaded to their website. The 2.16 version of CM11 is unofficial, currently Cikoleko very kindly adapts the official ROM to work with 2.16 and uploads them for other users. Of course if Cikoleko decided to stop building then there would be no more support unless you built it yourself or someone else took over.

The 2.16 firmware was made for Sense 5 onwards and although you probably wouldn't notice the difference between a Sense 5 ROM on 2.15 firmware and 2.16, for me personally the latest Sense ROM's seem to run better on 2.16.

Advantages:

- Unified storage space (instead of having a 10gb partition for storage and a 2gb partition for apps, there is one unified partition of 12gb to use as you wish).
- Supports latest Sense 6 ROM.

Disadvantages:

- You must be S-OFF
- Unable to mount storage in recovery.
- Less support for AOSP ROM's

It's really depends on whether you use AOSP or Sense ROM's more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosswhite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread