Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 41,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to replace vibration, microphone module

Tip us?

light_n_roses
Old
(Last edited by light_n_roses; 20th August 2014 at 01:14 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default How to replace vibration, microphone module

Hi there!

I think that I need to replace the internal module of the vibrator/microphone of mine htc One S because in the last period people do hear me at very very low volume when I call them. I have managed to see where it is but I haven't understood if the module is actually glued to the chassis...what do you think ?

This is the module that I need to change:

It's in the bottom part of the phone..

light_n_roses
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Anyone??

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Free mobile app

ChrisAr
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hello there,

I don't know if it's a hardware problem in your case but I had the same problem and what I did was:

- Took the lower back cover out. (use a pry tool or just your fingernails but with caution...see first pic)

- Cleaned the hole which is supposed to be open for the mic using a needle. It was blocked by dirt/sand/spiderweb/one of my exes

- Put the whole thing back together and voila! Crystal clear sound.

If it is a hardware problem then you have to disassemble the phone to the lower board out. It is not glued but this ribbon cable runs all the way behind the battery, so as I said, you have to take the phone apart. Check out this video.

Probably you won't have to take the main board out, just the battery to free the lower board.

Report how it goes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg htc-one-s-back-copy-htc-ones.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (32.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg one-s-base.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (50.5 KB, 9 views)