Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

how to upgrade to hboot 2.16

OP MarcTremonti

10th July 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
I want to try liberty rom and it needs newer hboot. I have a really old hboot and i wonder how/where to get a new one. And are there any disadvantages with the 2.16 hboot? Because i remember in the past my old hboot was good because i wiuld flash radios even with s-on. But now im s-off so maybe it doesnt even matter...just asking.^^
11th July 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTremonti

I want to try liberty rom and it needs newer hboot. I have a really old hboot and i wonder how/where to get a new one. And are there any disadvantages with the 2.16 hboot? Because i remember in the past my old hboot was good because i wiuld flash radios even with s-on. But now im s-off so maybe it doesnt even matter...just asking.^^

Disadvantages:
You have only the choice between cikoleko's [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][04-JUL] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16] and bilals [ROM][4.4.2][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY One S - The Sixth Element, which are currently supporting hboot 2.16.

I've you decide to switch over to hboot 2.16, you may follow the steps described in {Discussion}{KK 4.4.2}{Sense 6}{S4} Liberty ROM & Flashing Instructions (thx to dd98) starting with point 5-15.
The Following User Says Thank You to gbx.ger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx.ger

Disadvantages:
You have only the choice between cikoleko's [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][04-JUL] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16] and bilals [ROM][4.4.2][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY One S - The Sixth Element, which are currently supporting hboot 2.16.

I've you decide to switch over to hboot 2.16, you may follow the steps described in {Discussion}{KK 4.4.2}{Sense 6}{S4} Liberty ROM & Flashing Instructions (thx to dd98) starting with point 5-15.

ok, and will i be able to go back on lower hboot if i later decide to use another ROM?
11th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTremonti

ok, and will i be able to go back on lower hboot if i later decide to use another ROM?

Yes for sure!
The Following User Says Thank You to gbx.ger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

47 posts
alright, thats everything i wanted to know. ty very much!
18th July 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 18

120 posts
Question Hboot 2.16 changes
Does anyone know what the changes are from Hboot 2.15 to 2.16? Is there more storage space for the user?

Thanks!
28th July 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #7  

20 posts
I'm sorry for being a bit ignorant but.. what's the reason to upgrade the hboot? I have s-off, hboot 2.15, and I had no problems with installing Liberty 6th Sense. Any suggestions?

This is actually the best ROM I had and tested for Ville S4, and I can recommend it for anyone (no major issues with battery life, ringtones, communication BT/WIFI/LTE/GPS, restarts). Still, the most stable was my old, original ROM, but... I wanted to taste something new ;>
6th Sense won with:
CandyCat (very good ROM but communication issues eliminated it),
MaximusHD (communication failures and no ringtones),
Liberty S4Max (ringtones and several lost communications)
ViperOne S 3-2-1 (reboots).

Looking forward for future updates of 6th Sense. Thanks for everyone for work on this.
28th July 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 55

447 posts
Why does it clearly state in multiple places that HBOOT 2.15 is not supported?
I have no major problems with CandyKat at all.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread