FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more

Do You Rock Two Phones?

A few people in the comments were surprised to find out that a number of the XDA staff actually use two phones … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

how to upgrade to hboot 2.16

10th July 2014, 11:50 PM |#1  
MarcTremonti's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I want to try liberty rom and it needs newer hboot. I have a really old hboot and i wonder how/where to get a new one. And are there any disadvantages with the 2.16 hboot? Because i remember in the past my old hboot was good because i wiuld flash radios even with s-on. But now im s-off so maybe it doesnt even matter...just asking.^^
 
 
11th July 2014, 11:47 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTremonti

I want to try liberty rom and it needs newer hboot. I have a really old hboot and i wonder how/where to get a new one. And are there any disadvantages with the 2.16 hboot? Because i remember in the past my old hboot was good because i wiuld flash radios even with s-on. But now im s-off so maybe it doesnt even matter...just asking.^^

Disadvantages:
You have only the choice between cikoleko's [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][04-JUL] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16] and bilals [ROM][4.4.2][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY One S - The Sixth Element, which are currently supporting hboot 2.16.

I've you decide to switch over to hboot 2.16, you may follow the steps described in {Discussion}{KK 4.4.2}{Sense 6}{S4} Liberty ROM & Flashing Instructions (thx to dd98) starting with point 5-15.
The Following User Says Thank You to gbx.ger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 02:50 PM |#3  
MarcTremonti's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx.ger

Disadvantages:
You have only the choice between cikoleko's [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][04-JUL] CyanogenMod 11 HTC One S [hboot 2.16] and bilals [ROM][4.4.2][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY One S - The Sixth Element, which are currently supporting hboot 2.16.

I've you decide to switch over to hboot 2.16, you may follow the steps described in {Discussion}{KK 4.4.2}{Sense 6}{S4} Liberty ROM & Flashing Instructions (thx to dd98) starting with point 5-15.

ok, and will i be able to go back on lower hboot if i later decide to use another ROM?
11th July 2014, 04:40 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTremonti

ok, and will i be able to go back on lower hboot if i later decide to use another ROM?

Yes for sure!
The Following User Says Thank You to gbx.ger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 04:50 PM |#5  
MarcTremonti's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
alright, thats everything i wanted to know. ty very much!
18th July 2014, 07:07 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Question Hboot 2.16 changes
Does anyone know what the changes are from Hboot 2.15 to 2.16? Is there more storage space for the user?

Thanks!
28th July 2014, 09:12 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm sorry for being a bit ignorant but.. what's the reason to upgrade the hboot? I have s-off, hboot 2.15, and I had no problems with installing Liberty 6th Sense. Any suggestions?

This is actually the best ROM I had and tested for Ville S4, and I can recommend it for anyone (no major issues with battery life, ringtones, communication BT/WIFI/LTE/GPS, restarts). Still, the most stable was my old, original ROM, but... I wanted to taste something new ;>
6th Sense won with:
CandyCat (very good ROM but communication issues eliminated it),
MaximusHD (communication failures and no ringtones),
Liberty S4Max (ringtones and several lost communications)
ViperOne S 3-2-1 (reboots).

Looking forward for future updates of 6th Sense. Thanks for everyone for work on this.
28th July 2014, 10:49 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Why does it clearly state in multiple places that HBOOT 2.15 is not supported?
I have no major problems with CandyKat at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes