Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,755 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One S Bootloop

Tip us?

vLaDxB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One S Bootloop

Hi all, i tried to install Chainfire 3d (don't ask me why) in the procces a message camed "If this image don't dissapear in 2 minutes pull out battery" i waited like 10 minutes, and then i tried to reboot, and then the bootloop camed. I have an HTC One S [S4] with Android 4.2.2[Maximus HD 10], CWM Recovery and S-Off done. I need to mention that i've tried everything with that chace wipe and nothing happend. I would be very pleased if someone could help me.

Sorry for my bad english.

tivofool
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by vLaDxB View Post
Hi all, i tried to install Chainfire 3d (don't ask me why) in the procces a message camed "If this image don't dissapear in 2 minutes pull out battery" i waited like 10 minutes, and then i tried to reboot, and then the bootloop camed. I have an HTC One S [S4] with Android 4.2.2[Maximus HD 10], CWM Recovery and S-Off done. I need to mention that i've tried everything with that chace wipe and nothing happend. I would be very pleased if someone could help me.

Sorry for my bad english.
Re-install Maximus.

vLaDxB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivofool View Post
Re-install Maximus.
Tried, CWM Recovery can't mount sd card, tried to fix that, not working, my windows 8.1 can't find my device.

tivofool
Old
(Last edited by tivofool; 27th August 2014 at 03:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by vLaDxB View Post
Tried, CWM Recovery can't mount sd card, tried to fix that, not working, my windows 8.1 can't find my device.
Is that CWM recovery a modified one that will work with the new firmware that you need for Maximus?

I don't keep up with all the new stuff, but the TWRP provided in the install of Maximus is special. If your CWM is "special" too, then ok.
Now the special TWRP provided with Maximus unfortunately doesn't move files from pc to the phone. I know that sucks.

If you knew all this and your sd card partition has really been corrupted then you will need to install stock recovery. Once that is installed you go into BOOTLOADER and select clear storage.

From there you will need to run an RUU to get back to stock. (so that you can move a ROM from pc to sd card ) then do the whole Maximus install all over again.

if you don't have an RUU that will work you can install the firmware http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2322755

This will bring you back to the old 2.15 hboot and older partitions so you can install the 2.15 roms to get a working phone to do what you want.

Alternatively, you could learn what adb push is and that will allow you to move files from pc to your phone on the "special" recovery.

vLaDxB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivofool View Post
Is that CWM recovery a modified one that will work with the new firmware that you need for Maximus?

I don't keep up with all the new stuff, but the TWRP provided in the install of Maximus is special. If your CWM is "special" too, then ok.
Now the special TWRP provided with Maximus unfortunately doesn't move files from pc to the phone. I know that sucks.

If you knew all this and your sd card partition has really been corrupted then you will need to install stock recovery. Once that is installed you go into BOOTLOADER and select clear storage.

From there you will need to run an RUU to get back to stock. (so that you can move a ROM from pc to sd card ) then do the whole Maximus install all over again.

if you don't have an RUU that will work you can install the firmware http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2322755

This will bring you back to the old 2.15 hboot and older partitions so you can install the 2.15 roms to get a working phone to do what you want.

Alternatively, you could learn what adb push is and that will allow you to move files from pc to your phone on the "special" recovery.
It is not a special CWM i installed it because the TWRP sucked, now i am installing windows 7 because windows 8.1 couldn't find my phone, i will reply after the windows 7 is installed, thank you very much!