No registration required

Can't flash an OTA

OP ymcc

5th September 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72

192 posts
More
Hello everyone, I'm tring to go back to stock but im having some troubles. My device is s-off unlocked got supercid and twrp. I flashed the ics ruu went without an error. But now im trying to flash an ota through recovery but keep getting the same assert fail every time.

I tried to change the updater-script first 2 line from the top but when flashing i got an installation aborted error.

Should i keep trying to make it work or just restore it all from a backup ?
Modding.MyMind
7th September 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
When applying an OTA you must work your way up with each OTA made available for your device. The reason for this is that one OS may have something that the next expects to find when updating.

So, if going from 4.0 to 4.2.2 it will fail since the OTA for 4.2.2 is expecting to find stuff that was given to the device during the 4.1.2 OTA and since the updater-script cannot verify it's matches it ultimately just aborts.

Goes with the saying, "baby steps".
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72

192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding.MyMind

When applying an OTA you must work your way up with each OTA made available for your device. The reason for this is that one OS may have something that the next expects to find when updating.

So, if going from 4.0 to 4.2.2 it will fail since the OTA for 4.2.2 is expecting to find stuff that was given to the device during the 4.1.2 OTA and since the updater-script cannot verify it's matches it ultimately just aborts.

Goes with the saying, "baby steps".

Thank you for your explaining reply m8. Have a good day.
The Following User Says Thank You to ymcc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread