[Q] HTC ONE SV Restarts on htc logo.

Search This thread

vitaliuz

Dec 9, 2012
Thanks for your help. I will try it tomorrow. Hope it will helps.
Have I understand correct that first i must relock phone. After it rename downloaded file and copy to sd card.
I don't understand about scan. When i boot into bootloader it will find this file automaticly?
And after it unlock phone like i did it before. Right?

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Yes, you must be relocked and bootloader find it automaticly:

CX6BLbZo

And also yes, unlock, like you did first time.

vitaliuz

Dec 9, 2012
So i made everything like you told, but the problem do not gone. I try read some forums and maybe I need install RUU? But how i can check wich one exactly I need?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415292737563.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415292737563.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 80

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
So i made everything like you told, but the problem do not gone. I try read some forums and maybe I need install RUU? But how i can check wich one exactly I need?

There is no RUU available for you my friend, sorry.
As you are S-on, the RUU must be equal or higher than your actually hboot. And there is only one RUU available which is lower in number.
Only solution would be S-off, but you only can get S-off on a running OS. :(

raisinette

Oct 21, 2014
Tallinn
;)

I think I might be able to help you out here, @vitaliuz .
@old.splatterhand helped me out with a stock rom flashing after my stock phone got stuck on the boot screen. At first everything worked well, but then the software crashed and I tried to flash again and again and then tried viper, no success, still crashing after starting to load the user interface and boots again. Now I found this post and I've made the same mistake as you did, I as well used the wrong version of TWRP.
I think you could try doing the previous firmware flashing step again, but this time try renaming the file ''PL80IMG'' without the .zip. I assume this is the error we both made.

EDIT: My phone loads the file and then says ''checking'' after I renamed the file, but it does not ask for confirmation or anything. I believe this means the firmware file was not installed, yes? What could I do?

Last edited:

vitaliuz

Dec 9, 2012
Thanks for you answer @raisinette. Damn i forgot that it must be some confirmation for PL80IMG.zip and it doesn't ask me it . Thats means that it doesn't install for me too?

raisinette

Oct 21, 2014
Tallinn
Thanks for you answer @raisinette. Damn i forgot that it must be some confirmation for PL80IMG.zip and it doesn't ask me it . Thats means that it doesn't install for me too?

Maybe. Give it a try. Maybe there's a different firmware zip available somewhere (I did a quick search, but couldn't find any that wasn't removed or blocked due to high activity) that might work? Or maybe a hboot update from 2.00.0000 to 2.21 might help (I noticed that the TWRP flash post included a point saying that hboot 2.21 is recommended http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41456540#post41456540 )?
I guess we'll have to wait for @old.splatterhand 's reply, I'm sure he can help us :D

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
You can only flash signed, unmodified zips, as long as you are S-on.
I thought, the firmware.zip was flashed?
Basicly the firmware is straight from inside the OTA.zip. And as it must be equal or higher you can only use the latest OTA.
For k2ul there was only hboot 2.00 released, as far as i know.
You can try to flash hboot 2.21 with firmware.zip from k2u update, but i doubt that it will flash.
The same for k2ul update for 2.14.401.x: you can try to extract and flash the firmware.zip from OTA, but i doubt it will, because of lower software number.

raisinette

Oct 21, 2014
Tallinn
@vitaliuz , I just wanted to check in and see if you've gotten your device to work-
Mine is still in the same condition, the firmware just simply does not flash. Oh, and also the adb does not recognize my device anymore, but fastboot does. I have no idea why, but this happened after I tried to flash the pl80img.zip. I've tried re-downloading and flashing the file again maybe 10 times with no results.

So basically I'm getting the feeling that it's time to start looking for a new phone :D

Last edited:

vitaliuz

Dec 9, 2012
sorry, long time I wasn't here :) i did not fix my phone too. But one week ago I delivered it to Mobile Phones service :) so I still waiting news from them :) if they will fix it thats mean that it is some solution :D if not that means we have phone for parts :)

vitaliuz

Dec 9, 2012
Hi!
I come back :) so my phone was fixed. I dont know what they gave did but now it is S-off
But yesterday I try update my phone and after reboot this problem starts again. I cant understand why.. I did not do any changes now, and offcourse there is no restore or factory reset. Any ideas?