Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,220 Members 37,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ONE SV Stuck in bootloop. S-ON with stock rom

Tip us?

gizmogary
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ONE SV Stuck in bootloop. S-ON with stock rom

Hi guys,

Got a serious problem with my HTC ON SV. It is stuck in a boot loop where I cannot go into recovery or do a factory reset.
I have never modded this phone from new so it is LOCKED and has no custom recovery install.

I cannot install customer recovery as it is still locked, can't unlock due to boot loop.

I have downloaded RUU_K2_UL_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.5_R_Radio_0.1 2.40.00.14_2_10.49.40.11L_release_301902_signed.ex e and tried to run that but it always says phone is under 30% battery when it isn't. I've copied the rom.zip while this installation is running and renamed to PL80IMG.ZIP, copied to root of SD and booted to bootloader where it scanns the file and seems to bomb out when it gets to parsing...

I have tried to follow many guides but most assume that you have either rooted or unlocked the phone, i have neither.

Someone please help point me in the right direction...

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 1,557

DONATE TO ME
Nothing can be done for you then. You are better to just send it in for repair and/or possibly replacing it if they cannot fix it.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

You are locked and S-On. So, you are currently helpless at the moment. You will need to rely on HTC for support.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

gizmogary
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for that. I'm stuck then as I've already had to open the phone up to replace the screen so its not going to be touched under warrenty

old.splatterhand
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,589

DONATE TO ME
So you did a screen replacement?
Did your phone ever boot fine after replacement or did the problem appear straight after?
Main Devices:

- HTC One (M8)
S-Off | Insert Coin | ElementalX | TWRP

- HTC One SV
Index Thread: Search and find all what belongs to HTC One SV

Other devices: HTC Desire S | Asus TF 101 | HTC HD mini

gizmogary
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It was fine after changing screen, been fine for a good month of 2.
It's my son's, he said it came up saying the SIM wasn't recognised so he pulled the battery out and reinserted the SIM and when he went to turn it back on that's when he got the boot loader loop. It looks like it's trying to load, sticks on the htc splash screen for about a minute and then goes to the bootloader.