Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Urgent Help

Tip us?

Z3RO2K
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Urgent Help

Hi Guys,

Have literally spent 8 hours trying to fix this damn phone, it's my mothers which needs a complete wipe using the stock rom. Even my younger brother had a go for a week and has been passed on to me. Not touched an Android phone in about two years so very rusty with the whole roms and flashing etc.

The main issue is I can't get Windows 8.1 to see the phone in USB wether it be plugged directly in Android, USB debug, bootloader or Fastboot USB. I have installed ADB with all the drivers, tried multiple HTC drivers and HTC Sync, PDAnet, AMD chipset drivers, USB controller drivers, random drivers from here on XDA as well as a multitude of other sites. Tried USB 3.0 and 2.0 (front and back slots).

How am I supposed to flash a custom recovery without the computer seeing the phone? If I can just get that sorted I am pretty much set with getting the stock rom on there and the rest. Not sure what my brother has put on it or if he has flashed a custom rom or changed the radio/boot because I have no clue what the phone is supposed to be running.

Please some help here, don't really want to be spending more time on this.

Details:

old.splatterhand
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,594

DONATE TO ME
I'm not sure how to help you, because i don't even know, if your phone boots to OS or not.
There are some apps out like flashify or TWRP Manager which should be able to flash a recovery from OS, but i never used that tools and don't know, if they work with One SV.
You should really get your fastboot working. I don't have windows 8(.1), but there are many threads here on xda about that.
Other solution could be to search for someone with a windows 7 pc.
Main Devices:

- HTC One (M8)
S-Off | Insert Coin | ElementalX | TWRP

- HTC One SV
Index Thread: Search and find all what belongs to HTC One SV

Other devices: HTC Desire S | Asus TF 101 | HTC HD mini

Z3RO2K
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by old.splatterhand View Post
I'm not sure how to help you, because i don't even know, if your phone boots to OS or not.
There are some apps out like flashify or TWRP Manager which should be able to flash a recovery from OS, but i never used that tools and don't know, if they work with One SV.
You should really get your fastboot working. I don't have windows 8(.1), but there are many threads here on xda about that.
Other solution could be to search for someone with a windows 7 pc.
Yes the phone does boot into the OS but again is not properly recognized, PDAnet and HTC Sync find the phone but doesn't show up or in ADB. I have checked well over 30 threads on here regarding Windows 8.1, downloading various tools and drivers etc without success.

Will check out those links.

Thanks.
Tags
fastboot, flash, htc, usb, windows 8.1