Tip us?

RockStar2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default HTC One M8 issue

Hello all,

So here's why I'm posting:

I'm having an issue with my M8 phone. The phone was working great until I tried to install a new third-party TWRP. I don't know if it was miscommunication or what, but in the process of installing it (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocvavpttfo...ersion_Fix.img), the phone started having issues.

The initial issue was that the phone would get stuck during boot up. The phone was at the current 2.22 build # but in order to make it at least usable again, I flashed an RUU (1.57 build #) and that seemed to fix everything. But then when I went back from stock recovery to my original TWRP, and flashed a recent backup, the phone froze again during boot up. This process worked many times and as recently as yesterday, but now since trying to install that third-party TWRP, it doesn't. I've tried various things but nothing is working. I know that since I can still reach HBOOT and TWRP that there is hope, but I'm at my wits end as to what to do.

I should also mention that I was using the ViperOne M8 ROM (2.1.0). My phone is unlocked/rooted & S-OFF. There were no issues with it again until I tried to install that new TWRP.

I really love my phone, and hope someone on here can help me. After re-RUUing my phone, I'm going to leave it at 1.57 build # and stock recovery (1.12 #) (and USB Debugging on) until I hear from someone. Basically, I just want my phone to be normal again so I can upgrade back to build # 2.22, flash my custom TWRP recovery, and then flash my most recent backup which included the most recent ViperOne M8 update.

Other info you might want:

C:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.16.21331931.LA24G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.57.531.7
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: c3d94491
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.016s

Thank You,

RockStar2005

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar2005 View Post
Hello all,

So here's why I'm posting:

I'm having an issue with my M8 phone. The phone was working great until I tried to install a new third-party TWRP. I don't know if it was miscommunication or what, but in the process of installing it (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocvavpttfo...ersion_Fix.img), the phone started having issues.

The initial issue was that the phone would get stuck during boot up. The phone was at the current 2.22 build # but in order to make it at least usable again, I flashed an RUU (1.57 build #) and that seemed to fix everything. But then when I went back from stock recovery to my original TWRP, and flashed a recent backup, the phone froze again during boot up. This process worked many times and as recently as yesterday, but now since trying to install that third-party TWRP, it doesn't. I've tried various things but nothing is working. I know that since I can still reach HBOOT and TWRP that there is hope, but I'm at my wits end as to what to do.

I should also mention that I was using the ViperOne M8 ROM (2.1.0). My phone is unlocked/rooted & S-OFF. There were no issues with it again until I tried to install that new TWRP.

I really love my phone, and hope someone on here can help me. After re-RUUing my phone, I'm going to leave it at 1.57 build # and stock recovery (1.12 #) (and USB Debugging on) until I hear from someone. Basically, I just want my phone to be normal again so I can upgrade back to build # 2.22, flash my custom TWRP recovery, and then flash my most recent backup which included the most recent ViperOne M8 update.

Other info you might want:

C:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.16.21331931.LA24G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.57.531.7
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: c3d94491
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.016s

Thank You,

RockStar2005
You will get better information in the HTC One M8 forum!

RockStar2005
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
You will get better information in the HTC One M8 forum!
Ok thanks! As long as they can help a T-Mobile guy like me!

Thanks,

RockStar2005