OP pasanjay

24th August 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 103

363 posts
More
Hey guys,

Im new to HTC One. I have Tmobile version running on stock sense 6. I wanted to install a custom stock rom without the Tmobile Bloatware.

I know how to unlock the bootloader using HTC Dev method and install recovery to root. But i am a bit confused about S-Off. I have read that S-off will not work with Hboot 1.57.0000

So my questions are

1. Do i really have to S-off to install custom roms on HTC?
2. If not can i install ROMs for the int. version on my phone ?
3. Does the CID ver/number have anything to do with unlocking and rooting?

Thanks in advance.
25th August 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 351

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasanjay

Hey guys,

Im new to HTC One. I have Tmobile version running on stock sense 6. I wanted to install a custom stock rom without the Tmobile Bloatware.

I know how to unlock the bootloader using HTC Dev method and install recovery to root. But i am a bit confused about S-Off. I have read that S-off will not work with Hboot 1.57.0000

So my questions are

1. Do i really have to S-off to install custom roms on HTC? A lot of the custom roms do not require S-OFF.
2. If not can i install ROMs for the int. version on my phone ? Yes, just make sure that T-Mobile is supported it will be in the OP.
3. Does the CID ver/number have anything to do with unlocking and rooting? No, flashing firmware and RUU are dependent on CID.

Thanks in advance.

See answers above. Just keep in mind that WiFi calling is not generally supported in the present custom roms. Make a nandroid backup of your system and save to your computer for safe keeping should you need to go back. Stuff happens!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 103

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

See answers above. Just keep in mind that WiFi calling is not generally supported in the present custom roms. Make a nandroid backup of your system and save to your computer for safe keeping should you need to go back. Stuff happens!!!

Thank you for the reply. I have successfully rooted my stock rom and installed CWM recovery. And i have flashed custom kernel too.

I would now like to flash a 4.4.3 sense custom rom. I have read on some threads that the kernel wont be flashed on S-on devices. So do i have to flash a custom rom always after flashing a custom rom?

And one more thing. I currently have CWM touch recovery. I have seen lot of roms require TWRP. So my question is does the recovery image depend on the HTC variant? I have a Tmobile M7UL
26th August 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 351

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasanjay

Thank you for the reply. I have successfully rooted my stock rom and installed CWM recovery. And i have flashed custom kernel too.

I would now like to flash a 4.4.3 sense custom rom. I have read on some threads that the kernel wont be flashed on S-on devices. So do i have to flash a custom rom always after flashing a custom rom?

And one more thing. I currently have CWM touch recovery. I have seen lot of roms require TWRP. So my question is does the recovery image depend on the HTC variant? I have a Tmobile M7UL

It all depends on the custom rom but most have options to keep the stock kernel or chose a custom kernel in Aroma. It should explain in the OP what they are providing. As far as TWRP vs CWM, the developer will test his rom on the one that works best for him so he/she will recommend the custom recovery that doesn't cause him issues. Yes, there are specific custom recoveries for the different variants because the partition tables are different.
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread