S-off

OP jbrothman88

4th July 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
More
I have a One that currently has an unlocked bootloader and is rooted. The hboot is version 1.57. I've been trying to get the s-off for a while now but I'm not having any luck. I tried downgrading to different roms but I don't think that was the answer. I'm guessing it's because of my hboot version. Is there anyway to downgrad my hboot without already having the s-off? I've been doing a lot of research but I can't find anything that applies to the T-Mobile version and in my specific situation. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this or let me know that it is totally impossible to do right now. I've been working on this for days but I'm determined haha
8th July 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 351

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrothman88

I have a One that currently has an unlocked bootloader and is rooted. The hboot is version 1.57. I've been trying to get the s-off for a while now but I'm not having any luck. I tried downgrading to different roms but I don't think that was the answer. I'm guessing it's because of my hboot version. Is there anyway to downgrad my hboot without already having the s-off? I've been doing a lot of research but I can't find anything that applies to the T-Mobile version and in my specific situation. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this or let me know that it is totally impossible to do right now. I've been working on this for days but I'm determined haha

If you are unable to get S-OFF through firewater then you will not be able to get it. You can not downgrade your hboot without being S-OFF. I would read through the [Guide] Firewater S-Off the first page of the thread and probably the last ten or so pages to get a feel on which setup is working.
9th July 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrothman88

I am probably a few days in front of you, or less determined, as I have given up on the S-Off on 1.57 for now. The SunShine dev team sound like they are working on it (though there is some argument about that in a couple of threads), and I was getting the 6 error with revone which is supposed to indicate keep going and it will happen eventually but I gave up on that after 3 hours or reboots and retrys.

If you have success can you let me know how you got there?
9th July 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 351

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazeo

I am probably a few days in front of you, or less determined, as I have given up on the S-Off on 1.57 for now. The SunShine dev team sound like they are working on it (though there is some argument about that in a couple of threads), and I was getting the 6 error with revone which is supposed to indicate keep going and it will happen eventually but I gave up on that after 3 hours or reboots and retrys.

If you have success can you let me know how you got there?

Revone works on hboot 1.4X and will not work on 1.57! Firewater currently is the only way to get S-OFF with a hboot 1.57. Fortunately, I got S-OFF back when my hboot was 1.45.
The Following User Says Thank You to majmoz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

Revone works on hboot 1.4X and will not work on 1.57! Firewater currently is the only way to get S-OFF with a hboot 1.57. Fortunately, I got S-OFF back when my hboot was 1.45.

Unbelievable!!! Over the past 7 or so days I have tried, Firewater, revone, rumrunner, SunShine and I even had a chop at moonshine, with many, many goes with the first three.

After your response, I was going to let you know that Firewater doesn't appear to work either (at least for me), but I decided to have one more crack, and first time it failed (someone had pissed in it),rebooted and tried again, and BOOM S-OFF!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread