Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,220 Members 37,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T-Mobile HTC One HELP!

Tip us?

SDotx13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] T-Mobile HTC One HELP!

Okay I tried reading some stuff and have no clue, I am a total newb at this. I have NOT rooted my phone or put a custom ROM on. I stopped using the phone like 3 months ago when I upgraded, and today I decide I want to sell it but when I try to do a Master Reset the bootloader says "Tampered" and "Locked". I do see the it is S-On. I have no clue what these things means, but this is what I read when I was doing research. I did the System Updates, but again, did nothing custom personally. I need to hard reset the phone, please help!

majmoz
Old
(Last edited by majmoz; 5th September 2014 at 12:07 AM.) Reason: Add information
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDotx13 View Post
Okay I tried reading some stuff and have no clue, I am a total newb at this. I have NOT rooted my phone or put a custom ROM on. I stopped using the phone like 3 months ago when I upgraded, and today I decide I want to sell it but when I try to do a Master Reset the bootloader says "Tampered" and "Locked". I do see the it is S-On. I have no clue what these things means, but this is what I read when I was doing research. I did the System Updates, but again, did nothing custom personally. I need to hard reset the phone, please help!
The "Tampered" means that the bootloader was unlocked at one time and the "Locked" means that the bootloader is Locked. If you bought it off of someone, they might have done it and didn't do a good job of ensuring the "Tampered" was removed. In order to remove the "Tampered" you would have to be S-OFF. You can still do a phone reset in Settings and it will remove all of your personal data but it will remain "Tampered" and "Locked".
The best way to get me to reply is to quote or mention me @majmoz

If I was of help to you, please click the "Thanks" button!

Useful links:

nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
HTC 1 Guru by crushalot
[Collection] HTC One Stock Recoveries

SDotx13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
The "Tampered" means that the bootloader was unlocked at one time and the "Locked" means that the bootloader is Locked. If you bought it off of someone, they might have done it and didn't do a good job of ensuring the "Tampered" was removed. In order to remove the "Tampered" you would have to be S-OFF. You can still do a phone reset in Settings and it will remove all of your personal data but it will remain "Tampered" and "Locked".
I bought the phone NEW, not used. I did a Factory Reset once before just fine. The phone is S-On. I called TMobile and HTC and neither could help.