Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] T-Mobile HTC One HELP!

OP SDotx13

4th September 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Okay I tried reading some stuff and have no clue, I am a total newb at this. I have NOT rooted my phone or put a custom ROM on. I stopped using the phone like 3 months ago when I upgraded, and today I decide I want to sell it but when I try to do a Master Reset the bootloader says "Tampered" and "Locked". I do see the it is S-On. I have no clue what these things means, but this is what I read when I was doing research. I did the System Updates, but again, did nothing custom personally. I need to hard reset the phone, please help!
5th September 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 344

1,175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDotx13

Okay I tried reading some stuff and have no clue, I am a total newb at this. I have NOT rooted my phone or put a custom ROM on. I stopped using the phone like 3 months ago when I upgraded, and today I decide I want to sell it but when I try to do a Master Reset the bootloader says "Tampered" and "Locked". I do see the it is S-On. I have no clue what these things means, but this is what I read when I was doing research. I did the System Updates, but again, did nothing custom personally. I need to hard reset the phone, please help!

The "Tampered" means that the bootloader was unlocked at one time and the "Locked" means that the bootloader is Locked. If you bought it off of someone, they might have done it and didn't do a good job of ensuring the "Tampered" was removed. In order to remove the "Tampered" you would have to be S-OFF. You can still do a phone reset in Settings and it will remove all of your personal data but it will remain "Tampered" and "Locked".
Last edited by majmoz; 5th September 2014 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Add information
5th September 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

The "Tampered" means that the bootloader was unlocked at one time and the "Locked" means that the bootloader is Locked. If you bought it off of someone, they might have done it and didn't do a good job of ensuring the "Tampered" was removed. In order to remove the "Tampered" you would have to be S-OFF. You can still do a phone reset in Settings and it will remove all of your personal data but it will remain "Tampered" and "Locked".

I bought the phone NEW, not used. I did a Factory Reset once before just fine. The phone is S-On. I called TMobile and HTC and neither could help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread