Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking SIM card for the 3rd time, IMEI woes

Tip us?

false79
Old
(Last edited by false79; 28th July 2014 at 03:35 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Unlocking SIM card for the 3rd time, IMEI woes

Hi all,

In August 2013, I bought a T-mobile HTC One and I was able to get it unlocked fairly easily using htcimeiunlock.com

In December 2013, I had to send it in for repairs and it received it wiped from the factory. The IMEI number had changed so I used the same service again and it worked flawlessly.

Now in July 2014, I had to send it in for repairs, again wiped from the factory and the IMEI number is different. I tried using the service but then it failed to work for me. Could it be the algorithm has changed and T-mobile is cracking down on this type of thing? Or is my IMEI so brand new that there is no code for it yet and I have to wait a few weeks until someone generates one.

I am hoping someone knows the answer as I continue to pay for a non-Tmobile voice/data plan that I can't use =(

majmoz
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by false79 View Post
Hi all,

In August 2013, I bought a T-mobile HTC One and I was able to get it unlocked fairly easily using htcimeiunlock.com

In December 2013, I had to send it in for repairs and it received it wiped from the factory. The IMEI number had changed so I used the same service again and it worked flawlessly.

Now in July 2014, I had to send it in for repairs, again wiped from the factory and the IMEI number is different. I tried using the service but then it failed to work for me. Could it be the algorithm has changed and T-mobile is cracking down on this type of thing? Or is my IMEI so brand new that there is no code for it yet and I have to wait a few weeks until someone generates one.

I am hoping someone knows the answer as I continue to pay for a non-Tmobile voice/data plan that I can't use =(
Search Google for HTC Sim unlock and you will find a host of answers. One is this from the Play Store. If you have paid off your phone with T-Mobile you can get the code directly from them.

false79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz View Post
Search Google for HTC Sim unlock and you will find a host of answers. One is this from the Play Store. If you have paid off your phone with T-Mobile you can get the code directly from them.
Yeah, the first thing I did was Google search and the results are overwhelming. Also a lot of them require your pay upfront before you can find out whether or not they can unlock. Was hoping for a better feedback than lmgtfy.