[Q] Unlocking SIM card for the 3rd time, IMEI woes

28th July 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi all,

In August 2013, I bought a T-mobile HTC One and I was able to get it unlocked fairly easily using htcimeiunlock.com

In December 2013, I had to send it in for repairs and it received it wiped from the factory. The IMEI number had changed so I used the same service again and it worked flawlessly.

Now in July 2014, I had to send it in for repairs, again wiped from the factory and the IMEI number is different. I tried using the service but then it failed to work for me. Could it be the algorithm has changed and T-mobile is cracking down on this type of thing? Or is my IMEI so brand new that there is no code for it yet and I have to wait a few weeks until someone generates one.

I am hoping someone knows the answer as I continue to pay for a non-Tmobile voice/data plan that I can't use =(
Last edited by false79; 28th July 2014 at 03:35 AM.
28th July 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 197

745 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by false79

Hi all,

In August 2013, I bought a T-mobile HTC One and I was able to get it unlocked fairly easily using htcimeiunlock.com

In December 2013, I had to send it in for repairs and it received it wiped from the factory. The IMEI number had changed so I used the same service again and it worked flawlessly.

Now in July 2014, I had to send it in for repairs, again wiped from the factory and the IMEI number is different. I tried using the service but then it failed to work for me. Could it be the algorithm has changed and T-mobile is cracking down on this type of thing? Or is my IMEI so brand new that there is no code for it yet and I have to wait a few weeks until someone generates one.

I am hoping someone knows the answer as I continue to pay for a non-Tmobile voice/data plan that I can't use =(

Search Google for HTC Sim unlock and you will find a host of answers. One is this from the Play Store. If you have paid off your phone with T-Mobile you can get the code directly from them.
29th July 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmoz

Search Google for HTC Sim unlock and you will find a host of answers. One is this from the Play Store. If you have paid off your phone with T-Mobile you can get the code directly from them.

Yeah, the first thing I did was Google search and the results are overwhelming. Also a lot of them require your pay upfront before you can find out whether or not they can unlock. Was hoping for a better feedback than lmgtfy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread