[Q] CyanogenMod 10 won't boot...

Search This thread

trexiic

Jul 11, 2014
Hi, sorry for my bad english, I speak french.
I unlocked my bootloader and rooted my phone a long time ago (6-7 months) and it was working fine (I was able to use "root-only" applications).
I decided to install a custom rom, to get better performance, after getting help from many places, I choose CyanogenMod from this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653961

I tried to install it using fastboot in windows, but like the last time (when I rooted my phone) fastboot wasn't working.
So I did it in linux (which worked for me before) and I installed a recovery (CWM). Then I did a backup, I copied the backup on my computer, then I rebooted, then I wiped everything (cache, data, dalvik, etc...) and installed CM10. After the installation, I rebooted, but it won't work!
It is stuck on the "boot screen" for at least 15 minutes.

What should I do?

Thanks!

swhatevers

Jan 24, 2013
From what you wrote, it seems you're s-on so after flashing any rom, you MUST flash kernel as well. The kernel is probably included in the zip file you downloaded it's usually called boot.img. You have to extract the kernel and put it in the root directory of your sdcard (same place you put the rom in).

So:
1- Wipe everything.
2- Flash rom (.zip).
3- Flash kernel (.img).
4- Reboot.

Let me know what happens.

nguyenanhbin

May 4, 2014
From what you wrote, it seems you're s-on so after flashing any rom, you MUST flash kernel as well. The kernel is probably included in the zip file you downloaded it's usually called boot.img. You have to extract the kernel and put it in the root directory of your sdcard (same place you put the rom in).

So:
1- Wipe everything.
2- Flash rom (.zip).
3- Flash kernel (.img).
4- Reboot.

Let me know what happens.

It working in the first time.After reboot, it stuck in boot loop and I must flash boot.img manual from pc again.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Ok, I've resolve this problem because I've not complete flash kernel .So, you should try this way .It follow on below link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1996665