Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 10% Lower touch screen not responding

Tip us?
 
Shadywrx
Old
#1  
Shadywrx's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wellington
Default [Q] 10% Lower touch screen not responding

Hi All,

Have been having issues with my sisters HOX, the bottom 10% of the screen won't respond and Im stuck as to what it could be apart from a hardware fault.

Hboot 1.39
Rooted

Have tried hard reset, restored nans, Flashed different kernels inc Alex V, Re-calibrated touch screen, heating it up. Nothing seems to be working. Just wanted to make sure it's hardware before I pull it apart!


Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	2842650   Click image for larger version

Name:	htc-one-xreview.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	2842651  
 
Mr Hofs
Old
#2  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8150
Posts: 13,353
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
If you did all that.....it's hardware.
 
Shadywrx
Old
#3  
Shadywrx's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
If you did all that.....it's hardware.

Thanks Mr Hofs; Just thought it was weird for it only to be happening in just that small area. Will order a replacement screen & digitizer
 
aromerblz
Old
#4  
aromerblz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 74
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belize

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywrx View Post
Thanks Mr Hofs; Just thought it was weird for it only to be happening in just that small area. Will order a replacement screen & digitizer
Where are you ordering your stuff? need them also for a broken digitizer.. screen is ok but changing the digitizer is really a hard task for me.
If I ever helped you, press the THANKS button.. its always free and feels wonderful..
 
Shadywrx
Old
#5  
Shadywrx's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz View Post
Where are you ordering your stuff? need them also for a broken digitizer.. screen is ok but changing the digitizer is really a hard task for me.

Yea separating them isn't easy nor getting them back together perfectly either, did it on my old sensation and it's still going strong though so may give it a go as a lot cheaper for the digitlizer only.

As it's my sisters phone it's up to her where I order it from depending on how much she want's to pay , cheap and cheerful then new LCD complete kit on ali express is $35. For a genuine HTC replacement it's around $90.
 
aromerblz
Old
#6  
aromerblz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 74
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belize

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywrx View Post
Yea separating them isn't easy nor getting them back together perfectly either, did it on my old sensation and it's still going strong though so may give it a go as a lot cheaper for the digitlizer only.

As it's my sisters phone it's up to her where I order it from depending on how much she want's to pay , cheap and cheerful then new LCD complete kit on ali express is $35. For a genuine HTC replacement it's around $90.
I was doing some google research and came up to this

http://www.etradesupply.com/htc-one-...uch-panel.html
If I ever helped you, press the THANKS button.. its always free and feels wonderful..
 
Shadywrx
Old
#7  
Shadywrx's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz View Post
I was doing some google research and came up to this

http://www.etradesupply.com/htc-one-...uch-panel.html
Yea just be careful you don't get the wrong one, which one x do you have? As the USA at & t ones are different from the international ones? Could be wrong.
 
aromerblz
Old
#8  
aromerblz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 74
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belize

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywrx View Post
Yea just be careful you don't get the wrong one, which one x do you have? As the USA at & t ones are different from the international ones? Could be wrong.
Oh yes am aware of the differences.. I got the international version. You can find for both on that website..
If I ever helped you, press the THANKS button.. its always free and feels wonderful..
 
Shadywrx
Old
#9  
Shadywrx's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromerblz View Post
Oh yes am aware of the differences.. I got the international version. You can find for both on that website..

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand...887603901.html

Cheapest I've found
 
aromerblz
Old
#10  
aromerblz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 74
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belize

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadywrx View Post
Might consider using that.. but have not decided yet.. thanks for the heads up.
If I ever helped you, press the THANKS button.. its always free and feels wonderful..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more