Need some advice

OP m.jordan89

28th July 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Arouca
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
I am having an issue, My phone for a while now loses responsiveness along a section of the screen from time to time (see attached image)
Recently it fell and that issue has become more or less permanent with the strip not showing any responsiveness most of the time and the entire screen not responding from time to time.

I was hoping someone can help me decide which of these 2 items I should buy to fix the issues since all the test I've run using screen calibration/testing apps show no signs of dead pixels and the screen itself has no cracks or anything that suggest the LCD is damaged. I'm currently on CM11 M8 and using developers options I've turned on the "show screen touches". this showed that from time to time there are constant touches on the right hand side of the black area between the white shown in the image.

Also if i'm in say whatsapp the send button falls exactly on that (right hand side) resulting in messages/voicenotes being sent before i finish. Do you think I have to buy 1 or 2

1. Full LCD Display + Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Lens Assembly for HTC One X
or
2. Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Lens Replacement for HTC One X

Would post the ebay links but i'm not not being allowed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20140728-WA0004.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (32.2 KB, 20 views)
29th July 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 629

2,051 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.jordan89

I am having an issue, My phone for a while now loses responsiveness along a section of the screen from time to time (see attached image)
Recently it fell and that issue has become more or less permanent with the strip not showing any responsiveness most of the time and the entire screen not responding from time to time.

I was hoping someone can help me decide which of these 2 items I should buy to fix the issues since all the test I've run using screen calibration/testing apps show no signs of dead pixels and the screen itself has no cracks or anything that suggest the LCD is damaged. I'm currently on CM11 M8 and using developers options I've turned on the "show screen touches". this showed that from time to time there are constant touches on the right hand side of the black area between the white shown in the image.

Also if i'm in say whatsapp the send button falls exactly on that (right hand side) resulting in messages/voicenotes being sent before i finish. Do you think I have to buy 1 or 2

1. Full LCD Display + Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Lens Assembly for HTC One X
or
2. Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Lens Replacement for HTC One X

Would post the ebay links but i'm not not being allowed

1 is better
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread