Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 49,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Border of the screen insensitiv to touch - Can I move the home screen button else

Tip us?

rvsw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Border of the screen insensitiv to touch - Can I move the home screen button else

The bottom part of the screen (in portrait mode) of my HTC 1X (ATT) is not responding to touch. Is there a way to move the home screen buttons elsewhere. I can change the orientation to landscape but some applications don't work well. So wondering if there is a way to continue using the portrait orientation but just move the buttons.
Another way is to perhaps reduce the overall screen size so that the part that is not responsive is no longer seen as part of hardware on which the android OS needs to display

Any suggestions useful
Thanks

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 11th July 2014 at 07:46 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8183

DONATE TO ME
You put a (Q) in front of the title and yet you post it in the general ?! Thread reported and will be moved soon.

Cheers.

Edit :

AT&T as in the EVITA dual core variant ? Then you are in the whole wrong forum.

You probably have the HTC one XL.

rvsw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
You put a (Q) in front of the title and yet you post it in the general ?! Thread reported and will be moved soon.

Cheers.

Edit :

AT&T as in the EVITA dual core variant ? Then you are in the whole wrong forum.

You probably have the HTC one XL.

I am a newbie so didn't figure the forum to post. I am not sure if it is EVITA dual core. I got it used and I don't have any manual nor specs. It said HTC 1X (and it most definitely is with the authentic HTC bloatware and the incapability of tethering etc).
I didn't see XL anywhere on it (and in phone info)

rvsw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Workaround using Nova Launcher

I worked around the issue by using nova launcher and increasing the size of the buttons. Now, the app drawer button encompasses some part of the touch sensitive area also.
I have one remaining problem which I will post a new thread on shortly