Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Bricked in APX mode

OP gavrushka

2nd August 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Not sure if its because I'm stupid or faulty hardware or both.

So, HOX is unrooted, s-off with super cid (from e-bay). Got it for my dad.

A few days ago it froze, and when rebooting it just threw endless FCs and would not let the system finish loading up properly.
I did a factory reset from the fastboot, afterwards it worked ok.
But, the day after, it froze again. This time, when rebooting, it just showed a blank black screen after the HTC splash screen and did not go anywhere.
I went again to the fastboot screen, and then for some reason I went on to the stock recovery (I'm stupid). This time I did the "wipe user data/factory reset" from there, after also wiping chache and stuff (I'm used to do this in my rooted HOX with custom recovery).

After that, I did a reboot from the stock reovery. It went to the HTC splash screen, and here I was stupid again. I'm not sure how long he was like that, if for a minute or 5 or 10 (I did some other stuff in between). I thought it was stuck, and instinctively shut it down and the tried to turn it on again. I forgot I did the factory reset and that it might have been in the middle of the installation.

After that, the phone did not respond to anything. It won't charge, won't turn on, won't show any led indication, and in windows it is noted as the infamous APX. I have spent the entire day reading about it and I'm afraid the phone is lost.
I think I got the proper APX driver (it is seen as NVidia USB Bootrecovery driver for mobile devices). I tried some versions of nvflash. One shows "unknown device", other shows some info on the device when trying "nvflash --creat" but gets stuck at "starting nvflash" when trying "nvflash --sync".

So, my first question is, are the stock recovery "factory reset" and the fastboot reset the same?
When I do a factory reset in fastboot it resets and makes a "fresh install", while in the stock recovery it does some stuff but does not reboot automatically. I am afraid that I "wiped" the entire system partition when I did the reset after the stock recovery factory reset.

Have there been any advances in the APX field in the last year? Is there any hope?
If not, will anyone be willing to buy an APX S-OFF HOX in mid 2014? Or should I just throw it into the blender?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel
Last edited by gavrushka; 2nd August 2014 at 09:08 PM.
2nd August 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Arouca
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
this should help
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavrushka

Not sure if its because I'm stupid or faulty hardware or both.

So, HOX is unrooted, s-off with super cid (from e-bay). Got it for my dad.

A few days ago it froze, and when rebooting it just threw endless FCs and would not let the system finish loading up properly.
I did a factory reset from the fastboot, afterwards it worked ok.
But, the day after, it froze again. This time, when rebooting, it just showed a blank black screen after the HTC splash screen and did not go anywhere.
I went again to the fastboot screen, and then for some reason I went on to the stock recovery (I'm stupid). This time I did the "wipe user data/factory reset" from there, after also wiping chache and stuff (I'm used to do this in my rooted HOX with custom recovery).

After that, I did a reboot from the stock reovery. It went to the HTC splash screen, and here I was stupid again. I'm not sure how long he was like that, if for a minute or 5 or 10 (I did some other stuff in between). I thought it was stuck, and instinctively shut it down and the tried to turn it on again. I forgot I did the factory reset and that it might have been in the middle of the installation.

After that, the phone did not respond to anything. It won't charge, won't turn on, won't show any led indication, and in windows it is noted as the infamous APX. I have spent the entire day reading about it and I'm afraid the phone is lost.
I think I got the proper APX driver (it is seen as NVidia USB Bootrecovery driver for mobile devices). I tried some versions of nvflash. One shows "unknown device", other shows some info on the device when trying "nvflash --creat" but gets stuck at "starting nvflash" when trying "nvflash --sync".

So, my first question is, are the stock recovery "factory reset" and the fastboot reset the same?
When I do a factory reset in fastboot it resets and makes a "fresh install", while in the stock recovery it does some stuff but does not reboot automatically. I am afraid that I "wiped" the entire system partition when I did the reset after the stock recovery factory reset.

Have there been any advances in the APX field in the last year? Is there any hope?
If not, will anyone be willing to buy an APX S-OFF HOX in mid 2014? Or should I just throw it into the blender?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel

http://www.hackmyandroid.com/compreh...htc-one-x/4216
AND/OR
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1609190

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

And yes they are the same. (factory reset)
This is a very simple fix, takes some time and a bit of common sense and patience, but if you follow the links i posted you should be fine. I have done almost everything possible to my HOX including what you did and they helped
2nd August 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847
 
14,379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Watch out....APX is in most cases a very dead hox. A new mainboard is the solution to a 100% fix !

The rest of the fixes that are available are mainly temp fixes.
Last edited by Mr Hofs; 3rd August 2014 at 09:11 AM.
3rd August 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.jordan89

http://www.hackmyandroid.com/compreh...htc-one-x/4216
AND/OR
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1609190

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

And yes they are the same. (factory reset)
This is a very simple fix, takes some time and a bit of common sense and patience, but if you follow the links i posted you should be fine. I have done almost everything possible to my HOX including what you did and they helped

I'm sorry, but I have said that my phone won't even turn on - the links are all about a "turnable" phone that can go to bootloader, so I can't use them...
4th August 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Arouca
Thanks Meter: 1
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Try This out
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavrushka

I'm sorry, but I have said that my phone won't even turn on - the links are all about a "turnable" phone that can go to bootloader, so I can't use them...

I had the same issue and I think this is what i did to get it to come on. try it, not like you have anything to lose.

your gonna need masking tap, your phone, the charger and a wall outlet

Now what your gonna do is tightly and i do mean as tight as possible tape the phone power button down
Cut a length of tape a little longer then the length of the phone
Line up the middle of the tape with the power button
Pressing down the power button, stretch out the tape over it and secure the rest of the tape to the back and front of the phone in such a way as to ensure that the power button stays down
Do the same for the volume up and down buttons


Once you feel certain that the above is done properly plug it into the wall to charge and leave it.

I think i left mine over night but i think its best you just leave it in a dark area with the screen facing up to charge so you will know when it turns on.
I advise even if it doesn't turn on in a time you see appropriate message me here and I will see if i come up with anything else
6th August 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 5
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Dead boot repair available for this model nv flash with sbk if you want files just pm me and try to run it.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
6th August 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #7  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 623
 
2,032 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmfarshard

Dead boot repair available for this model nv flash with sbk if you want files just pm me and try to run it.

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app

the solution not working something wrong with this maybe you talk for THIS are you tested or just give some advice?
10th August 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 5
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
This is latest files with sbk
Send your email I'd I'll share with you
Just give a try

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
18th August 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmfarshard

This is latest files with sbk
Send your email I'd I'll share with you
Just give a try

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app

hi would you share with me please??? let me know greets. Javier.
18th August 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #10  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 623
 
2,032 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javigc

hi would you share with me please??? let me know greets. Javier.

he shared HERE but you must to find the corect drivers try THIS DRIVERS and report if you have succsess

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes