[Q] Help please, need my phone back

OP ngammoh

24th July 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello all, I bought a rooted HTC one x a couple months ago but i wasnt able to install the software updates (kept sending me to twrp and it would fail ). while try to unroot, accidentally deleted the operating system(thru twrp advanded wipe) and right now i am not able to access the phone, its just stuck on the HTC symbol
twrp is still on the phone and i still can access it and im just wondering if there is any way to save this situation?
much appreciated !!
24th July 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Arouca

13 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngammoh

Hello all, I bought a rooted HTC one x a couple months ago but i wasnt able to install the software updates (kept sending me to twrp and it would fail ). while try to unroot, accidentally deleted the operating system(thru twrp advanded wipe) and right now i am not able to access the phone, its just stuck on the HTC symbol
twrp is still on the phone and i still can access it and im just wondering if there is any way to save this situation?
much appreciated !!

For one if you want to update the stock OS you need the Stock recovery so . I could go through all the introductions or I can teach a man to fish.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1832891
go to the page above go to guides and read these "Disaster Recovery, Reverting to Stock"
find out your CID number by putting your phone in fastboot while connected to your computer and use WinDroid HTC One X Toolkit v3.0
I think the guide section should help you fix the problem easily
Last edited by m.jordan89; 24th July 2014 at 02:27 AM.
26th July 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.jordan89

For one if you want to update the stock OS you need the Stock recovery so . I could go through all the introductions or I can teach a man to fish.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1832891
go to the page above go to guides and read these "Disaster Recovery, Reverting to Stock"
find out your CID number by putting your phone in fastboot while connected to your computer and use WinDroid HTC One X Toolkit v3.0
I think the guide section should help you fix the problem easily

I'd like to return the phone back to its factory settings if its possible. my laptop isnt currently recognizing the phone, and the phone is in continuous loop at the htc logo unless i hold the volume down and power button, but from there i cannot do anything as it says "No OS installed"
I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, and would appreciate any help.
31st July 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #4  
Flag Arouca

13 posts
Thumbs up Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngammoh

I'd like to return the phone back to its factory settings if its possible. my laptop isnt currently recognizing the phone, and the phone is in continuous loop at the htc logo unless i hold the volume down and power button, but from there i cannot do anything as it says "No OS installed"
I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, and would appreciate any help.

Sorry for the late reply, hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: zip Instructions.zip - [Click for QR Code] (143.3 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by m.jordan89; 31st July 2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Error in attachement
31st July 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Arouca

13 posts
Let me know how it goes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread