OP PCServe

17th August 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Chelmsford
Thanks Meter: 9

90 posts
Donate to Me
More
Firstly I have to mention, that I don't regularly use my One X anymore, but I took it to Italy when I went there for holidays two weeks ago to use it as a hotspot for my HTC One and Macbook.

It was working just fine until 3 days ago, the day I flew home. During my last night the phone started rebooting every 10-20 minutes, until the battery was dead. Now that I'm back home I charged the phone and turned it back on, but it is still acting strange. I just put it on my table and realized the screen was turning on randomly and turning off again after the normal timeout. This happened again and again and after a few times the phone turned itself off and back on. This whole procedure happens over and over again in a loop.

Therefore I performed a hard reset, but the problem is still the same. Even if I turn the device off completely, it comes back to life automatically after just a few minutes. I have no idea what I should do with it, except waiting for the battery to die.

Has anyone had this problem before and knows how to fix it? I hope it's not a hardware defect, as I really like the One X as a backup phone.

Cheers,
Jake
24th August 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 212

1,008 posts
More
Sounds like you need to change the power key + flex.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread