Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 40,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X Screen turns on and off randomly. Reboot after a few mins

Tip us?

PCServe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default HTC One X Screen turns on and off randomly. Reboot after a few mins

Firstly I have to mention, that I don't regularly use my One X anymore, but I took it to Italy when I went there for holidays two weeks ago to use it as a hotspot for my HTC One and Macbook.

It was working just fine until 3 days ago, the day I flew home. During my last night the phone started rebooting every 10-20 minutes, until the battery was dead. Now that I'm back home I charged the phone and turned it back on, but it is still acting strange. I just put it on my table and realized the screen was turning on randomly and turning off again after the normal timeout. This happened again and again and after a few times the phone turned itself off and back on. This whole procedure happens over and over again in a loop.

Therefore I performed a hard reset, but the problem is still the same. Even if I turn the device off completely, it comes back to life automatically after just a few minutes. I have no idea what I should do with it, except waiting for the battery to die.

Has anyone had this problem before and knows how to fix it? I hope it's not a hardware defect, as I really like the One X as a backup phone.

Cheers,
Jake

Specs
HTC One
Android: 4.1.2
HTC Sense: 5.0
Software Version: 1.27.206.1
Unrooted, Locked, Stock Rom

Google Nexus 7
Android: 4.2

Previous devices: HTC One X (2012-2013) > HTC Desire (2010-2012) > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 (2008-2010)[/SIZE]

humzaahmed155
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Sounds like you need to change the power key + flex.
Current Devices
Google Nexus 5 Black 16GB - Android L Preview
Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE i9305 16GB - Official CM11 Nightlies - AGNi Kernel.

Old Devices
HTC One X 32GB - CM11 nightlies - Faux kernel - Dead (bad build quality took it's toll.)
HTC Desire HD - Sold.