Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,407 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE X Touch or softver

Tip us?

mariorazer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC ONE X Touch or softver

Hey evryone ... first soz , for my bad english , and second i'm here to ask you smth ...

I have a HTC ONE X i got from friend.. and now my touch work all , but mid dont respond... maybe cuz its bad put upadate ... cuz its 4.2.2 here... and main of this phone its 4.1..2 , i will post my picture and u will se... and PLS HELP : / and sorry for english , if u dont understend any of worlds , i will use google tran...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-16 21.19.43.png
Views:	30
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	2901145  

dragos281993
Old
(Last edited by dragos281993; 18th August 2014 at 11:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariorazer View Post
Hey evryone ... first soz , for my bad english , and second i'm here to ask you smth ...

I have a HTC ONE X i got from friend.. and now my touch work all , but mid dont respond... maybe cuz its bad put upadate ... cuz its 4.2.2 here... and main of this phone its 4.1..2 , i will post my picture and u will se... and PLS HELP : / and sorry for english , if u dont understend any of worlds , i will use google tran...
Just so you know, HTC is a garbage company that creates good looking phones but which appear durable only on the outside.
I had an One S and after 2 months of usage The touchscreen "gave birth" of a dead spot right in the middle. It was a 1cm thick vertical line. So the phone became useless.I spend a ton of money on an "original" display+glass+digitizer (an assembly) cause I didn't choose a warranty when I bought the device, cause it was cheaper that way. after 1 month and a half month, a dead spot appeared on the new screen. This time it was a horizontal line that gave me a hard time again. I donnated the phone to some guy. I decided to buy a new HTC, but this time a ONE X. After 4 months another dead spot appeared on the touchscreen and again that area was unresponsive. I decided not to send it into warranty cause it was already enough and it's not worth it, so I sold it at a considerably lower price because of that problem. The Ironic thing is that I always tooks so much care of both devices and it still broke. If you keep using HTC, you'll only shorten your life.
I'm now a bit short on money and I'm using a pathetic Galaxy Ace 2. If you wanted right now to exchange a brand new ONE X with my Ace 2, I wouldn't make the exchange and I'd stick with the phone I have right now. Or I'd make the exchange only to sell the HTC, cause it's more expensive than the Ace 2 and after that I'd buy a Nexus 4 or a Galaxy S3, with the money I'd get from the HTC. That's how bad I hate HTC. What seems to be awesome, it's actually something that breaks with the slightest touch. Samsung, which everytime comes with the same hideous design every year, is 10 times more durable than an HTC, and also is a lot easier to root and downgrade if something goes wrong during some process.
So, my personal opinion, try to choose anything else but HTC. Otherwise you're gonna experience all sorts of problems with it even if you decide to replace the screen. When you fix a problem, another one will come out and make you be stressed. IT'S NOT WORTH IT, believe me.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragos281993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aromerblz
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Every one has there personal views of the devices they use.. I've had my One X from since it came out and it has never given me trouble.. I've never came across with the issues you are claiming.. neither my friends that use them. I have to upgrade to a new phone eventually but not because of the phone dying, but because it's just natural to upgrade to a newer better phone. I've used sammies before but have never ever come close to my comparison with the One X. I love HTC products and that remains no matter what..to the OP, your problem seems can be solved with a new screen..
If I ever helped you, press the THANKS button.. its always free and feels wonderful..

myheroduane
Old
Thanks Meter 67
How is that practical advice...uncalled for. Try a reverting phone to stock, if that doesn't help then it is a hardware fault and start looking into repair.

Sent from my alarm clock.