Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mobile Radio random disconnection

Tip us?

slick601
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Mobile Radio random disconnection

I've got an HTC One X/Endeavoru handset which is experiencing random mobile network drops. Drops occur with no discernable pattern, sometimes while using data and sometimes while not interacting with the phone. There is no messae displayed regarding sim removal like other posters in the forum I have seen. I finally managed to get a logcat of the error, see attachment. I can't post a pastebin link since I'm a newb, apparently.

Phone is running Cyanogenmod 11 M9, but the issue has persisted since I had M6 installed. Disconnection occurs once every few hours, and to resolve the issue I simply enable airplane mode and disable data, then immediately enable data and disable airplane mode. In my testing, both are required to reset the connection. This issue kicks me completely off the network, disabling mobile data and GSM/voice connection.

I have prepended ** on a couple of lines on the log where the issue seems to begin; anyone have any input as to possible causes/solutions?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_disconnection.txt - [Click for QR Code] (156.9 KB, 6 views)

slick601
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick601 View Post
I've got an HTC One X/Endeavoru handset which is experiencing random mobile network drops. Drops occur with no discernable pattern, sometimes while using data and sometimes while not interacting with the phone. There is no messae displayed regarding sim removal like other posters in the forum I have seen. I finally managed to get a logcat of the error, see attachment. I can't post a pastebin link since I'm a newb, apparently.

Phone is running Cyanogenmod 11 M9, but the issue has persisted since I had M6 installed. Disconnection occurs once every few hours, and to resolve the issue I simply enable airplane mode and disable data, then immediately enable data and disable airplane mode. In my testing, both are required to reset the connection. This issue kicks me completely off the network, disabling mobile data and GSM/voice connection.

I have prepended ** on a couple of lines on the log where the issue seems to begin; anyone have any input as to possible causes/solutions?

Thanks!
Anyone? Bueller?