Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] One X not charging properly

OP Unforgiven1909

27th July 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello guys, and thanks for reading this.

Today, I got my HOX from a brothers' firend who's been using it for a year and a half. The device is in almost perfect shape, and he's been using it since last week or so. He reseted it to factory settings and left it in a drawer where it "died". Let's start with a timeline of all the **** I've been through with this mobile just today:

1. I got it with battery level fully depleted, wouldn't even turn on. Put it on it's original charger in the wall socket, left it there for like 10 minutes. Turned it on - it turned off after 3 minutes of "work" while still plugged in the wall socket. (Wasn't getting nearly enough juice?) We then tried charging it again, but all we got was blinking red LED or no LED indication at all.

2. Left it plugged in the wall socket for like 1.5h, after which the red LED stayed on - not blinking. Tried to turn it on, it worked, the battery was at like 50%. Removed it from charging (stupid probably, I know). It's a new phone so I went to proceed downloading my apps and logging into all of my social accounts. No problems. Even listened to music for about half an hour to test out the speaker.

3. When the battery got down to like 15% I again plugged it into a wall socket. Everything seemed fine, the red LED was on and the battery indicator on the screen was "moving" from right to left, meaning it's charging. But it was not - soon the battery was at 5%. I left the phone alone charging and after 30 minutes it was even more depleted, on 2%. Turned it off, left it to charge for 1h. Came back, turned it on - still at 2%.

4. Thought about doing another reset to manufacturers' settings while I still could. Did it (with the phone charging on USB) and when it turned back on the battery was at 10%? WTF?

5. I thought the best thing to do was to deplete the battery completely which I did and left it on AC charging for a couple of hours. When I came back, the red light was blinking. I turned it on, and the battery was at miserable 2% again, just enough to turn it on.

Any suggestions or possible solutions?

Thank you for reading my BS, appreciate it.
27th July 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 66

487 posts
More
I had this problem and it was the charger so use another one.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to FaiselW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW

I had this problem and it was the charger so use another one.

The thing I forgot to mention was that we tested the charger on my borthers' S3 mini and it worked ok.

Anyway, thanks, will try that tomorrow when I get my hands on another charger, but it seems unlikely, seeing how it's not charging properly even via USB and how it charged the S3 mini ok.
27th July 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #4  

487 posts
More
That happened to me too. Tested my htc charger on a xperia s and works fine but plugged into my phone doesn't work. So i just use a sony charger and it works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to FaiselW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaiselW

That happened to me too. Tested my htc charger on a xperia s and works fine but plugged into my phone doesn't work. So i just use a sony charger and it works fine.

Another development in the story - it's not the charger.

I left it on charger (new charger) overnight, in the morining - 6%. Rebooted it - 90%. WTF

I'm on Android Revolution 30.1 and before it was happening on stock 4.2.2. - any ideas?

Also, should I be worried about CPU-Z showing that the CPU is constantly going from 5% to 70% load when absolutely nothing else is turned on on the phone? (exept sense, no apps from my end I mean)
Last edited by Unforgiven1909; 29th July 2014 at 01:10 PM.
29th July 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #6  

487 posts
More
Check for wakelocks and recalibrate your battery

Last edited by FaiselW; 29th July 2014 at 06:00 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread