[Q] One X not charging properly
Hello guys, and thanks for reading this.
Today, I got my HOX from a brothers' firend who's been using it for a year and a half. The device is in almost perfect shape, and he's been using it since last week or so. He reseted it to factory settings and left it in a drawer where it "died". Let's start with a timeline of all the **** I've been through with this mobile just today:
1. I got it with battery level fully depleted, wouldn't even turn on. Put it on it's original charger in the wall socket, left it there for like 10 minutes. Turned it on - it turned off after 3 minutes of "work" while still plugged in the wall socket. (Wasn't getting nearly enough juice?) We then tried charging it again, but all we got was blinking red LED or no LED indication at all.
2. Left it plugged in the wall socket for like 1.5h, after which the red LED stayed on - not blinking. Tried to turn it on, it worked, the battery was at like 50%. Removed it from charging (stupid probably, I know). It's a new phone so I went to proceed downloading my apps and logging into all of my social accounts. No problems. Even listened to music for about half an hour to test out the speaker.
3. When the battery got down to like 15% I again plugged it into a wall socket. Everything seemed fine, the red LED was on and the battery indicator on the screen was "moving" from right to left, meaning it's charging. But it was not - soon the battery was at 5%. I left the phone alone charging and after 30 minutes it was even more depleted, on 2%. Turned it off, left it to charge for 1h. Came back, turned it on - still at 2%.
4. Thought about doing another reset to manufacturers' settings while I still could. Did it (with the phone charging on USB) and when it turned back on the battery was at 10%? WTF?
5. I thought the best thing to do was to deplete the battery completely which I did and left it on AC charging for a couple of hours. When I came back, the red light was blinking. I turned it on, and the battery was at miserable 2% again, just enough to turn it on.
Any suggestions or possible solutions?
Thank you for reading my BS, appreciate it.