HTC One X Consfusing..

OP rustyhermit

3rd September 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi, I'm trying to root my phone but am confused with some things.. When I attempt to obtain my unlock code from HTCDev I get the Error 160. I read this is because one of the newer builds keeps users from unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev (I have build 3.18). I looked around a bit and some of the things I found say I need Super CID to change my CID to 11111111 and then I would be able to get my unlock code from HTCDev. The problem is I need to be S-Off in order to do so and in order to get S-Off I need to have an unlocked bootloader and/or be rooted. I then found a thread with a similar problem to mine and they said to use temp root and then Super CID and another said to use Motochopper. I used Motochopper but it seemed to just be a One-Click Root Method, which did not work. I saw no option to change my CID but the OP in the other thread said he used it and fixed his solution (which again is similar, if not, the same as mine).
3rd September 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 586

1,902 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyhermit

Hi, I'm trying to root my phone but am confused with some things.. When I attempt to obtain my unlock code from HTCDev I get the Error 160. I read this is because one of the newer builds keeps users from unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev (I have build 3.18). I looked around a bit and some of the things I found say I need Super CID to change my CID to 11111111 and then I would be able to get my unlock code from HTCDev. The problem is I need to be S-Off in order to do so and in order to get S-Off I need to have an unlocked bootloader and/or be rooted. I then found a thread with a similar problem to mine and they said to use temp root and then Super CID and another said to use Motochopper. I used Motochopper but it seemed to just be a One-Click Root Method, which did not work. I saw no option to change my CID but the OP in the other thread said he used it and fixed his solution (which again is similar, if not, the same as mine).

man just go to htcdev.com and unlock your bootloader no need S-OFF or Super CID and really I don't know from were you reed this!!!

You do something wrong maybe you send wrong unlocktocken or I don't know you can unlock your boatloader via htcdev.com you are doing something wrong

And this question is for Q&A section
Last edited by Thant; 3rd September 2014 at 09:30 PM.
5th September 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant

man just go to htcdev.com and unlock your bootloader no need S-OFF or Super CID and really I don't know from were you reed this!!!

You do something wrong maybe you send wrong unlocktocken or I don't know you can unlock your boatloader via htcdev.com you are doing something wrong

And this question is for Q&A section

Like I said, I get an error when submitting my token, not because i copy and pasted it wrong. I copy it from <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> to <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>> but the 3.18 build keeps people from unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev and need to change my CID to 11111111 with SuperCID which requires S-Off which i need to have be rooted/unlocked bootloader which I can't get. But I have found a working temproot and will work on getting S-Off soon to use SuperCID to change my CID to 11111111 . If I can't figure out how to do it then that's fine. I was only interested in this mod for an app which works with the temp root! . As of now I won't be needing the full benefits of a permanent root.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread