Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Issue with flashing custom recovery into the OneX

OP amudelka

3rd September 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have been using Cyanogenmod 11 version along with CWM recovery for some time. Recently I installed a theme which crapped on my wifi settings (simple but irritating problem) which I couldn't fix it any which way. Long story short, I tried to install a new boot.img and ended up "soft bricking" my phone. I feel terrible on doing so, since honestly I loved the mods!!

Since the recovery I already had (CWM) wasn't helping me, I tried to flash a new recovery (TWRP) into the phone. After flashing (which worked), when I went to recovery mode, the touch screen nor the volume buttons were working in TWRP. Got frustrated and I tried to flash the old CWM recovery and it keeps giving me this error:

"writing recovery...
<bootloader> Formatting partition SOS done
Failed: <remote:err = 0xa>"

So, Things that are working in my phone are: Fastboot
Things that aren't working in my phone are: adb, not able to flash the recovery with fastboot, boot of course isn't happening..

Ideally I am planning to flash a new recovery and somehow copy a new boot.img and flash the same. Please help. If you feel this problem has already been discussed, you could just pass me on there.

PS: I have already tried solving this by looking at replies from many such forums...
4th September 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Got it fixed!!
Somehow got PhilZ recovery installed and from then on, it was easy sailing!! I realized that the img should be less than 8MB. Not sure why but it is, what it is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread