So you came at XDA-Developers to find help? (Beginners Thread)

Search This thread

Epifistu

Oct 28, 2013
LG G5
LG V20
Ok so I find this 10 post feature REALLY annoying. The only questions I have are always directly concerning special ROMS but I can't even post in the development subforum because I don't have 10 posts. Additionally, when I try to send a PM to one of the people making the roms they chose that they don't want to receive PMs from people with less than 10 posts. I feel like this is some stupid joke à la catch 22.

Anyway, I am dying to try out the cyanogen lollipop preview posted in this thread. However, the download link specified in this post is broken for a couple of weeks by now. Does anybody know whether I can download this ROM somewhere else?

DarthAgeddon

Jan 2, 2011
Problem updating AT&T one x+ from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2

Hey guys, I have a problem that may seem absurdly simple, so please bear with me. I'm rather literate when it comes to PC's, but much less so when it comes to the intricacies of mobile devices. Anyway, enough prologue.

I've been trying to help my dad with a problem that neither AT&T nor HTC support have been able to address, and from what little I do know this seems a bit ridiculous. Here's the skinny: About 6 months back, I updated from a One X+ to an M8 and passed the X+ down to my dad, as he was using an ancient Samsung Galaxy. In doing so, a factory reset was performed putting the X+ back to stock Jellybean 4.1.1 and Sense 4+, and, for some unknown reason, the OTA update AT&T released for 4.2.2 and Sense 5 won't download through the "Check for Update" function. In fact, checking brings up the "software update" thermometer where the phone will then hang indefinitely, neither downloading anything nor returning any sort of error.

Essentially, I need to know the safest way to manually update his ROM and pointed in the direction of the procedure I need to perform. Dad's really anxious for the update and dealing with tech support from both companies is really stressing him out. As I only want to go from stock to the official update, it'd be nice if there was a way to put the OTA files on the phone so it can update normally despite whatever failure in communication is going on with AT&T (maybe they just took the update down on their end as it was pushed about a year ago). If I need to root and perform a manual flash, I can and don't mind doing so, but (with my very limited knowledge) it seems this shouldn't be necessary as I'm not actually trying to install a custom ROM. I'm posting some of the details of the phone's current hardware/software below so, hopefully, someone more enlightened than myself can end my Dad's anxiety and get him to 4.2.2.

P/N - 99HSL002-00 A (HTC ONE X PLUS LTE (AT&T))
Android v. - 4.1.1
HTC Sense v. - 4+
Software no. - 1.15.502.9 710RD, Build 1.15.502.9 CL122548 release-keys
Kernel - 3.1.10rg262c6aa
SDK API - 4.63

Info from the bootloader screen:
EVITARE_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.32.0000
CPLD-None
RADIO-SSD:1.09.55.17
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode : disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM TYPE : MDM9215M
Oct 20 2012, 13:45:56

I apologize for the banality of this post and information that is (most likely) extraneous, but please, if you're willing to point me in the right direction I will be SO grateful. Any more info that is needed I will gladly provide. I am aware that you guys aren't tech support, but this community seems to be the only reliable base of Android knowledge I have been able to find. Thanks in advance for any help in pushing forward on this.

KeyReal

Mar 3, 2015
Need Help! Can't boot OS.

I have a problem on my htc one x plus. After installing any rom I can't boot in OS. It stucks on loading screen with ROM logo.
Tryed to wait loading for 2 hours and more.
I have custom recovery. Tryed twrp 2.8.5.0 and cwm philz touch 6.19.3.
I tryed to install CyanogenMod and Carbon roms from internal data and adb sideload. Installation always ends with "successful" message.
I follow all instructions for flashing roms, wipe all data, flash boot.img, etc.

bootloader information:
UNLOCKED
ENRC2RB_U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.35.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-3.1204.168.32
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Secure boot:enable
Modem path: off
Nov 14 2012

Does anybody know how to fix it?

riggy2013

Nov 13, 2013
HTC one X + boot loop problem

Hi Developers,
i am stuck at installing a custom rom on my HTC One X + (international CID__038).
i did managed to successfully unlock and root my device.
but then when i tried to install the cynogen mod cm-11-20150215-NIGHTLY-enrc2b.zip form cyanogen mod official site.
the flashing of the ROM failed. the steps i followed while trying to do so.
_ i have installed TWRP Custom recovery flash software on my device.
_ I created a folder on my internal storage as ROMS.
then i transferred the custom downloaded ROM in the ROMS folder on my device.
_ I did a backup of my existing STOCK Rom of my device.
_ then i tried to install the zip file of the ROM cm-11-20150215-NIGHTLY-enrc2b.zip.
_ it ended up in error saying flashing failed.
_ then i extracted the boot.img from the cm-11-20150215-NIGHTLY-enrc2b.zip, and flashed through fastboot mode.
_ and then gave a try, alas went unsuccessful again......
_ now i tried to restore my backup, and now my device stays on HTC Logo.

please heeeeeelp.

jakupb

Feb 20, 2013
bristol, uk
Hi guys, i have problem when I try unlock my phone ( brand o2, uk) it show me an error that i cant do it and i dont jow why. I read somwhere it maybe a problem because a have custom rom cm 10.2.1 what to do, can i go back to stock just for unlock and then back again to cm with all my apps and stuff which i have now on my device. Thanks for any help

GodNavy

Mar 2, 2015
Stuck on Boot

My phone info:
Code:
***Unlocked***
ENDEAVORU XE SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-NONE
MICROP-NONE
RADIO-3.1204.171.33
EMMC-BOOTMODE:DISABLE
CPU-BOOTMODE:DISABLE
HW SECURE BOOT:DISABLE
MODEM PATH:eek:FF
I had a ROM of cyanogen before,then i try to install Android Revolution HD,but i stuck to Boot screen with HTC logo
I install TWRP due to some guides i read,now i have TWRP v2.1.6! I try to update it but when i try to boot into recovery stuck on boot again!
I dont know a lot about roms and stuff!
But i need help pls!

Tnks in advance!

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
My phone info:
Code:
***Unlocked***
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-NONE
MICROP-NONE
RADIO-3.1204.171.33
I had a ROM of cyanogen before,then i try to install Android Revolution HD,but i stuck to Boot screen with HTC logo
I install TWRP due to some guides i read,now i have TWRP v2.1.6! I try to update it but when i try to boot into recovery stuck on boot again!
But i need help pls!

Tnks in advance!

You are using the ONE X and NOT the ONE X+

wrong device dude

Reactions: marknoll

marknoll

May 13, 2014
My phone info:
Code:
***Unlocked***
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-NONE
MICROP-NONE
RADIO-3.1204.171.33
But i need help pls!

Tnks in advance!
You're extremely lucky if you don't f up your device

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

You are using the ONE X and NOT the ONE X+

wrong device dude
Pay ATTN to the device's code name. The Evita is the one xl and endeverou is the one x. Keep that in mind when modding any device

Last edited:

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
You're extremely lucky if you don't f up your device

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Pay ATTN to the device's code name. The Evita is the one x+ and endeverou is the one x. Keep that in mind when modding any device

Enrc2b = One X+ International

Evitareul = One X+ North America

Evita = One X North America

Endeavoru = One X International

Reactions: marknoll

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Yes. Thanks for clarifying that. Lol. I was just prompting him to view his device's code name before modding.

7shivaa

May 6, 2015
Hi, need original ruu for HTC desire x ,Asia India HTC_038 for 4.1.1 to reflash ,a link would be much appreciated .I couldn't unlock bootloader ,even after I got the .bin file, I read somewhere in xda that if I reflash the original Rom , I may be able to unlock the bootloader .do tell me if there is any other way to unlock bootloader,thank you guys :)

Last edited:

hebo_0

May 10, 2015
Help please ! Stuck in the CyanogenMod 11.0 boot screen

Hello my friends thanks for this amazing website

I have htc one x+ international for 2 years , And I recently rooted an unblocked my bootloader everything was fine and easy

I wanted to update my HOX+ to KITKAT 4.4 and followed the instructions

Cwm recovery
download th 4.4 zip CyanogenMod 11.0
the gapps

everything went okay but I'm now stuck with this screen please Help Me :crying: I want my phone back

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 66

allmidnighter

May 12, 2011
Phone hasn't been able to charge for a while, now soft-bricked

My HOX+ hasn't been able to keep a charge for a while now, so I've been always using it plugged in to the charger or a power bank when I'm out and about. I don't know why.

Then yesterday I couldn't get it to turn on, stuck on the HTC logo. I can get into bootloader/fastboot, but can't get into recovery. I've tried fastboot erase cache, tried reading the forums, but it says to install RUU and you need enough battery for that? As I've explained, my phone seems to not be able to keep any charge, so no matter how long I've plugged it in, it will keep showing 'not enough battery to flash' in fastboot. Tried the pressing both vol up & down + power to calibrate battery thing, no difference.

I'm using Mac. The phone is unlocked, HOX+ international ver, was on Carbon ROM.
How do I revive it? And how do I pull files (esp my photos) off the phone if I can't even get into Recovery?

Very much thanks, any help will be great.

Pi0n3r

Mar 2, 2015
Bluetooth Music

Hi xda users! I need a little help with Bluetooth music stream. I have a JBL Go speaker and everything is good except one thing. After 10 minutes of listening to music or watching video the sound is skipping for a second... just like losing the connection between phone and speaker. After this, music is streaming well for 10 minutes and again. I can't check this on other Bluetooth device but I think it's a Android issue (I use the lloir's CM12.1). Sorry for my bad English :D

Last edited:

Pi0n3r

Mar 2, 2015
Hello! :D it's me again... I have a question. As we know the one x rear speaker is very poor. I tried almost everything, volume boosters, custom roms, sound mods and cleaning the holes. None of that worked. But, Can I just buy on ebay (or something like that) a e.g HTC sensation or desire speaker, and put it in my hox+ ? I made something like that with HTC prophet. I broke the speaker and I bought an broken HTC magican, opened it and disconnected the speaker and put in to the prophet. Worked very well :D So. Yes or no? Thanks in advance! :)

her8man

Aug 24, 2016
Hi, i'm trying to resurrect my old HTC one x+ (INTERNATIONAL - ENRC2B)
i'm still new to root and installing custom ROM
so, i read few tutorial
since i'm stuck at SDK installation so i try to search another tutorial
then i stumbled upon hasoon toolkit thread and try his toolkit (One_XPlus_All-In-One_Kit_v3.0.zip)
i succeeded in unlock bootloader, install TWRP and install superSU in my HOX+ using the toolkit

Now i'm trying to flash a custom ROM for my phone --> insertcoin-enrc2bu_v5.0-6.ZIP (752,726 MB)
and i'm just want to make sure if my step is correct so it doesn't fail
from i gather from both tutorial
here's what i understand

STEP CHECKLIST FOR INSTALL CUSTOM ROM - USING TOOLKIT

**** CONNECT PHONE TO PC VIA USB CABLE ****

1. LOCATE DOWNLOADED CUSTOM ROM (.ZIP FILE) IN PC
2. EXTRACT "BOOT.IMG" FROM CUSTOM ROM.ZIP FILE
---RENAME ACCORDINGLY (EX. CUSTOM.IMG/BOOT.IMG/ETC)
---KEEP THE FILE IN PC
3. COPY ROM.ZIP TO DEVICE - PUT IT INSIDE NEW FOLDER AND RENAME THE FOLDER (EX. CUSTOM ROM/ETC)
4. OPEN HASOON TOOLKIT
5. AT KERNEL TAB ---> FLASH KERNEL,
---A. 1ST WINDOW WILL MAKE PHONE REBOOT INTO BOOTLOADER
---B. CHOOSE CUSTOM ROM BOOT.IMG FROM STEP NO.2
---C. FLASHING KERNEL WITH CUSTOM ROM BOOT.IMG
6. STILL AT BOOTLOADER SCREEN, CHOOSE HBOOT (POWER BUTTON TO CONFIRM)
---THEN CHOOSE RECOVERY WITH VOL BUTTON AND POWER BUTTON TO CONFIRM
---PHONE WILL REBOOT IN RECOVERY --> TWRP

**** DISCONNECT PHONE FROM PC - UNPLUG USB CABLE ****

7. AT TWRP SCREEN,
---A. SELECT WIPE MENU, THEN WIPE CACHE, DALVIK CACHE, FACTORY RESET, AND SYSTEM
---B. GO BACK TO MAIN MENU AND SELECT INSTALL
---C. LOCATE ROM.ZIP IN DEVICE WHICH I HAVE COPIED AT STEP 3
---D. SELECT AND FLASH/INSTALL ROM.ZIP
---E. PROBABLY AROMA INSTALLER WILL START, FOLLOW STEP
---F. COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION
---G. SELECT AND CONFIRM REBOOT
8. ENJOY NEW CUSTOM ROM

Are they in the right order?
Do i need to install latest twrp to install the custom ROM?
I already make a nandroid backup just in case

Sorry for the long post and thanks before
Your help is greatly appreciated :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you came at XDA-Developers to find help? Well, this is your thread!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Hello new user and welcome to XDA-Developers. We are a developer’s forum, with the purpose of development. Our work can be used in several ways, and, we know that sometimes it could help you. So, in order to maintain our forums clean and properly organized maintaining a proper development environment while at the same time to give you a chance to join our forums we created this thread.

This thread is for sensible questions from new or inexpert users. If you think your question may be a little basic for a developer forum then this is the place to ask it.

Here you shall find an atmosphere free of prejudice, where we will try to help you in your problem, answer your most basic questions and aid you on troubleshooting your device. We know that learning all the technicalities takes time, however they are necessary in order to interact with us.

Bare in mind that we are not technical support, we do not work for any company or get paid to help, we are just independent developers gathered in a community called XDA-Developers. Therefore all we will do is guide you into troubleshooting your device yourself, but under no circumstance we are abided to do so.

We want you to become the kind of user we see as productive to a developer’s community, and why not? to be a developer yourself!

Note to General users:
    This is a chance for more advanced users to “give back” at XDA-Developers the knowledge we have gathered together in a decade of development. This is a thread to behave in a tolerant way, taking into consideration that the user posting queries might have never even heard words such as “adb” or “ROM", so, if you are not willing to be helpful, I kindly invite you to browse into another thread.

"Time has changed, Users have changed and so will XDA-Developers"

I would like to thank D.O.C for the creation of this text and its tacit agreement to perpetuate it in this section of the forum, All Due Credit to D.O.C! You can access the original thread by clicking HERE.

Moderators will not tolerate "flaming" or "trolling" in this thread as it is specifically provided for those who are still learning the basics.. We will delete and sanction without warning any post that show intention other then to help the new user.
    Hi earprone,

First let me ask if you have a working SDK/ADB/HTC's Driver combinaison tools in perfect working order? If not this is the first step to do, otherwise it will be very difficult for you to recover a functional phone.

Please look in my signature and click to access a tutorial to do accordingly if your are on Windows based computer. Plug your phone on the charger during this time. Please don't hesitate to ask if something is unclear or your are not certain to perform, we are here to help! :)
    Thread stuck :)
    Hi Marshall,

Do you have any sort of previous ROM backup? Which ROM was on your phone at the time in went "underwater"?

If I was in your situation here is what I would try, if your phone is detected by Windows and you can access the storage naturally.

• Reboot in Recovery
    • Make a backup of my actual ROM
    • Make a full wipe, (factory reset, system, Cache & Dalvik)
    • Flash any intend ROM
    • Flash boot.img & Erase Cache
    • Reboot

There are some chances that your phone could boot normally. :fingers-crossed:
    Hi earprone,

Which ROM you are planning to install on your phone? Also please do confirm that you have an International (ENRC2B) model.

As for your WiFi and DATA issues flashing the correspondent boot.img of your actual ROM could be the first solution to try.