Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deleted OS from HTC One X+, fix?

Tip us?

Jehsun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Deleted OS from HTC One X+, fix?

Long story short i rooted my phone tried to delete an app accidentally clicked on a system file, tried to wipe phone and removed os by accident. any way that i can fix this? iv been looking for quite awhile and i cant seem to figure out something that works.

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 907
I assume your using a custom recovery? You can use ADB Sideload from recovery to push a custom rom.zip to your device.

I'm not sure about CWM but in TWRP the sideload option is hidden in 'advanced'.
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

Jehsun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
I assume your using a custom recovery? You can use ADB Sideload from recovery to push a custom rom.zip to your device.

thanks so much, i love you. anyways it turns out i was just being retarded i was trying to use a rom that wasnt compatible with my phone but thanks to you i decided to try another, so my thanks to you!

Jehsun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

well i got excited too quickly i guess, after i installed the rom, it still said that i had no os installed and i was still stuck looking at the htc logo with nothing happening

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehsun View Post
well i got excited too quickly i guess, after i installed the rom, it still said that i had no os installed and i was still stuck looking at the htc logo with nothing happening
oh :/ Erm what rom? And how did you install it? [emoji4]
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

Jehsun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
oh :/ Erm what rom? And how did you install it? [emoji4]
i used Android revolution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987885 and to install it i used twrp's sideload after i flashed the newest version of twrp onto it

AndroHero
Old
(Last edited by AndroHero; 20th August 2014 at 09:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehsun View Post
i used Android revolution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987885 and to install it i used twrp's sideload after i flashed the newest version of twrp onto it
You need to download this boot.img http://www.androidrevolution.org/dow...ot_8.x_0.1.rar and flash it from fastboot.

Use the command fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sorry for all the edited replies. I've been in the HTC One section recently and only just realised you have the HOX+. lol
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

Jehsun
Old
(Last edited by Jehsun; 20th August 2014 at 10:00 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You need to download this boot.img http://www.androidrevolution.org/dow...ot_8.x_0.1.rar and flash it from fastboot.

Use the command fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sorry for all the edited replies. I've been in the HTC One section recently and only just realised you have the HOX+. lol
ive done all that, sorry i havent responded quicker recaptcha hasnt been working for some reasonive done all that, sorry i havent responded quicker recaptcha hasnt been working for some reason

veer.killerboy
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Hey, it's sounds familiar to what happened with my frnds nexus 7, is twrp showing this while rebooting that no os is installed? So it's seriously a problem because while researching Alot that time we found that problm is with emmc it's may b hardware+software issue as hardware may b gt corrupted if not than it's problm in some type of emmc partitions. Emmc is basically your storage. At that time we only found to install new emmc so we unroot it and and boatloader locked and send it to service center and got money back. May b it's another thing with you bt it's my personal experiences

MY WORKS -
u-nexia | power unleashed [ROM] micromax ninja a87
Boot sound and animation in MICROMAX ninja a87
[Patch] WiFi error/bug fixed in MICROMAX ninja a87

SIGMATEL(CHINA PHONE) > Samsung GTS-3370(CORBY 3G) > Micromax A87(NINJA 4) > HTC SENSATION XE(LOST) > HTC ONE X PLUS(TELUS)

Jehsun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by veer.killerboy View Post
Hey, it's sounds familiar to what happened with my frnds nexus 7, is twrp showing this while rebooting that no os is installed? So it's seriously a problem because while researching Alot that time we found that problm is with emmc it's may b hardware+software issue as hardware may b gt corrupted if not than it's problm in some type of emmc partitions. Emmc is basically your storage. At that time we only found to install new emmc so we unroot it and and boatloader locked and send it to service center and got money back. May b it's another thing with you bt it's my personal experiences
it is showing up on twrp when i reboot, and i wont be able to send in my phone because i bought it off craigslist awhile ago