Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 39,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Failed at installing custom rom (HTC One X+)

Tip us?

Hutschi93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Failed at installing custom rom (HTC One X+)

hi guys

I tried to install a custom rom on my HTC One X PLUS. I am new to this and it looks like i kinda screwed up. i used "HTC One X+ AIO Kit By Hasoon2000 v2.3". I have now this "CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.7" on my phone. i can't boot the normal OS anymore. everytime i reboot, this cwm recovery shows up. when i try to install cyanogenmod (cm-11-20140705-NIGHTLY-enrc2b.zip) by "install zip from sdcard => choose zip from sdcard ==> ..." i just receive:
Code:
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/0/cm-11-20140705-NIGHTLY-enrc2b.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
i have no idea what to do. can anyone pls help? is it still possible to reset everything to get my phone working again?

Phoenix09
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Flash the latest version, older ones can't flash kitkat ROMs
http://download2.clockworkmod.com/re...4.8-enrc2b.img

Sent from my One X+ using Tapatalk
HTC One X+
ROM: CarbonROM
Kernel: EliteKernel OXP KitKat
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hutschi93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix09 View Post
Flash the latest version, older ones can't flash kitkat ROMs
How can i do this? i can't put the file on my phone because my phone doesn't have a sd card.

leefear
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutschi93 View Post
How can i do this? i can't put the file on my phone because my phone doesn't have a sd card.
check this out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066390 read it all, the part you need is adb sideloading, again, read it all at least a few times

Hutschi93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefear View Post
check this out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2066390 read it all, the part you need is adb sideloading, again, read it all at least a few times
i already tried that, but all i get is this error:
Code:
* failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *
my phone is in this "sideload mode" and i changed the filename into one word (that's what i should do if i get an error)

leefear
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i already tried that, but all i get is this error:
Code:
* failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *
my phone is in this "sideload mode" and i changed the filename into one word (that's what i should do if i get an error)
did you flash the recovery that phoenix suggested?
The Following User Says Thank You to leefear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hutschi93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefear View Post
did you flash the recovery that phoenix suggested?
how? i just can open this cwm based recovery mode or this strangely HBOOT mode. but my computer doesn't really recognize it. if i open the device manager i see it under "ADB Interface" as "HTC Bootloader" but if use "adb devices" in command prompt my phone does not get recognized. the toolkit doesn't recongize it either.

Hutschi93
Old
(Last edited by Hutschi93; 7th July 2014 at 08:23 PM.) Reason: i did it! :D
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK guys i got my computer to recognize my phone in recovery mode. i can use adb push to transfer files to my phone. do i have to flash a new recovery or can a just put a new rom on my phone and try installing that?

EDIT:
OK GUYS! thanks to that i got my computer to recognize my phone i could flash the recovery phoenix suggested! and i finally could install my rom! thank you sooo much guys! you are my hero and made my day! i would give you a hug if i could but i guess nobody of you lives in switzerland :P
love you guys! (no homo)

leefear
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK guys i got my computer to recognize my phone in recovery mode. i can use adb push to transfer files to my phone. do i have to flash a new recovery or can a just put a new rom on my phone and try installing that?

EDIT:
OK GUYS! thanks to that i got my computer to recognize my phone i could flash the recovery phoenix suggested! and i finally could install my rom! thank you sooo much guys! you are my hero and made my day! i would give you a hug if i could but i guess nobody of you lives in switzerland :P
love you guys! (no homo)
glad u got it working bud!