Ask a question

No registration required

HELP with problem with installing Viper+

OP vividmemorie

6th July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello. I just got a HTC ONE X+ yesterday as my first smart phone, iv been using a basic nokia for around 20years lol I choose the HTC mainly because I saw a review of one using the Viper+ rom and love to customise my computers so thought this was right up my street.

I sat down today watched a couple of youtube videos & read a few tutorials, I unlocked the phone through the cmd and did the reset, all went smoothly as far as i was aware, I then went into settings and there was no developers options to select, I dumped the rom onto the storage, and went into the fastboot again since im following a step by step guide, I did the backup, wiped Wipe Cache, Dalvik, then when I went to Factory Reset it said failed, I thought ok ill try again after system, did that went back to FR again said failed. hhmm ok, went ahead with installing Viper and it started installing and said fail. so I went to reboot but told me their is no OP any more, so I tried to do a restore but it shows an empty folder, so now it only boots into the white HTC logo screen and sits there. I can get into the fastboot menu still, but when connected to a laptop it doesn't show up as a device so I cant view any folders or anything.

does anyone know where it went wrong and a way to correct this? it would be a big help to me, thank you

-Marc
7th July 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #2  
The 1 You Been Looking For.
Thanks Meter: 105

825 posts
you didn't say what recovery you got I suggest you to install TWRP 2.7.1.0 from here:

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/enr...1.0-enrc2b.img

when you download that .img file install this toolkit, that you will download from here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZExEEBJL!jKoitl...XFUAf-q1W8-UUE

It's easy very easy to install you have option to install "Your own recovery" select that and press flash and select your .img that you download up, it will say in cmd 2 times Okay.
But before you flash, when you unzip this toolkit from .rar put it in "C:\" not in "C:\something\something & other things" becouse toolkit won't found .img.

After that you download 2.1.1 rom from here:

http://uploaded.net/file/tqmae0zd

and when you download the rom he will be named like ViperX_2.1.1 or something like that you rename it to just viperx.

When you did all that go into recovery wipe all, connect your phone to a PC go to device manager to portable devices and disable HTC One X+ if you don't do that adb won't recognized the phone. Then in recovery go to Advacned - Adb sideloade press that button and on PC through toolkit in section Extras select first option adb sideload press run, and select viperx.zip rom in toolkit folder or in "C:\" where you put it. Sideload will begin counting to 100% when it finish, rom will run automatically, rest is easy just next next pick what you want.

P.S
Don't forget to install latest htc drivers, and latest drivers for usb to avoid some conflicts becouse when sideloading adb won't recognized sometimes, that happends.
Last edited by Thermaltake868; 7th July 2014 at 08:30 PM.
8th July 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thanks for the reply, I would of liked to have given this ago but now the tool kit keeps saying enable USB debugging first, which I cant do....anyway to do this without the original OS installed?
Last edited by vividmemorie; 8th July 2014 at 06:44 PM.
9th July 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #4  
The 1 You Been Looking For.
Thanks Meter: 105

825 posts
First of all there is THANKS button in left corner under avatar, so you can click on it instead of saying Thanks.

Second you don't need usb debugging mode in recovery go into recovery wipe all like I write in my first reply, install drivers first for HTC and do everything like i told you up there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread