No registration required

Hox+ power supply question

OP eskimosound

4th July 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
More
So when I play a game on my hox+ connected to the official charger I get a warning that tells me I'm consuming more power than it's charging.
Is there a way round this, I know it's to do with amps do I just need to get a power adaptor that can change voltage down a usb cable...
What's the solution guys?
4th July 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 415

968 posts
Just don't charge your phone while playing games (especially heavy 3d games), it makes your phone heating up even more. And definitely use power saving mode or a lower cpu frequency cap (depending on what rom you use) while gaming.
4th July 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

93 posts
I've got this warning when I used the official charger connected with two usb cables and the micro usb on the end of it (so I had 3 meters of cable ). But unfortunately, longer cable = slower charging.

Are you sure you use the official charger and the official micro usb cable? I read that there are plenty Chinese micro usb cables in stores which can't be used to charge devices.
4th July 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
More
So there's no solution then! I don't care about heating up and I've got tegra overclock, I just want a more powerful charger I think.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread