Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hox+ power supply question

Tip us?

eskimosound
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Hox+ power supply question

So when I play a game on my hox+ connected to the official charger I get a warning that tells me I'm consuming more power than it's charging.
Is there a way round this, I know it's to do with amps do I just need to get a power adaptor that can change voltage down a usb cable...
What's the solution guys?

reaper90
Old
Thanks Meter 381
Just don't charge your phone while playing games (especially heavy 3d games), it makes your phone heating up even more. And definitely use power saving mode or a lower cpu frequency cap (depending on what rom you use) while gaming.
Click the "Thanks"-Button if someone helped you!

Apply your EliteKernel settings on startup with userinit.sh!

Device: HTC One X+ (enrc2b)
ROM: Android Revolution HD
Kernel: EliteKernel
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

/\/\
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I've got this warning when I used the official charger connected with two usb cables and the micro usb on the end of it (so I had 3 meters of cable ). But unfortunately, longer cable = slower charging.

Are you sure you use the official charger and the official micro usb cable? I read that there are plenty Chinese micro usb cables in stores which can't be used to charge devices.

eskimosound
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So there's no solution then! I don't care about heating up and I've got tegra overclock, I just want a more powerful charger I think.