Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will a replacement of the battery wipe out the system and internal storage?

Tip us?

sylvia9sun
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Will a replacement of the battery wipe out the system and internal storage?

Hello everyone. My phone's battery is completely dead and I am in the fence to get a new one. Since it is a non-removable battery phone, will a replacement of the battery wipe out the whole system and internal storage. I would assume no but I want to make sure of it. Thank you all for watching and hope u a good day!

drexc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default posible solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia9sun View Post
Hello everyone. My phone's battery is completely dead and I am in the fence to get a new one. Since it is a non-removable battery phone, will a replacement of the battery wipe out the whole system and internal storage. I would assume no but I want to make sure of it. Thank you all for watching and hope u a good day!
Hello,
Yes is posible search in YouTube "HTC One X Screen Replacement - Battery replacement" for more informations

/\/\
Old
Thanks Meter 14
He/she is not asking if it's possible only if this will remove all data.

Well... A strange question .

The battery is non removable only in theory. Inside a HOX there is a battery which looks ugly, that's why it can't be changed "the normal way" .

But just as in all phones, removing a battery does not remove data. Maybe only temporary data, which must be "powered" all the time, like current hour.

Nemesis94
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia9sun View Post
No it wont remove anything what u need.

reaper90
Old
Thanks Meter 393
If you do it yourself, it should be fine. If you plan to get it replaced by htc repair center, they'll wipe all your data and reset your phone to stock.
Click the "Thanks"-Button if someone helped you!

Apply your EliteKernel settings on startup with userinit.sh!

Device: HTC One X+ (enrc2b)
ROM: Android Revolution HD
Kernel: EliteKernel
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

drexc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by /\/\ View Post
He/she is not asking if it's possible only if this will remove all data.

Well... A strange question .

The battery is non removable only in theory. Inside a HOX there is a battery which looks ugly, that's why it can't be changed "the normal way" .

But just as in all phones, removing a battery does not remove data. Maybe only temporary data, which must be "powered" all the time, like current hour.
sorry, did not understand the question correctly : Silly: