Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] Will a replacement of the battery wipe out the system and internal storage?

OP sylvia9sun

31st July 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Nanjing
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
More
Hello everyone. My phone's battery is completely dead and I am in the fence to get a new one. Since it is a non-removable battery phone, will a replacement of the battery wipe out the whole system and internal storage. I would assume no but I want to make sure of it. Thank you all for watching and hope u a good day!
31st July 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
posible solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia9sun

Hello everyone. My phone's battery is completely dead and I am in the fence to get a new one. Since it is a non-removable battery phone, will a replacement of the battery wipe out the whole system and internal storage. I would assume no but I want to make sure of it. Thank you all for watching and hope u a good day!

Hello,
Yes is posible search in YouTube "HTC One X Screen Replacement - Battery replacement" for more informations
31st July 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

92 posts
He/she is not asking if it's possible only if this will remove all data.

Well... A strange question .

The battery is non removable only in theory. Inside a HOX there is a battery which looks ugly, that's why it can't be changed "the normal way" .

But just as in all phones, removing a battery does not remove data. Maybe only temporary data, which must be "powered" all the time, like current hour.
31st July 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia9sun

No it wont remove anything what u need.
31st July 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 400

933 posts
If you do it yourself, it should be fine. If you plan to get it replaced by htc repair center, they'll wipe all your data and reset your phone to stock.
31st July 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by /\/\

He/she is not asking if it's possible only if this will remove all data.

Well... A strange question .

The battery is non removable only in theory. Inside a HOX there is a battery which looks ugly, that's why it can't be changed "the normal way" .

But just as in all phones, removing a battery does not remove data. Maybe only temporary data, which must be "powered" all the time, like current hour.

sorry, did not understand the question correctly : Silly:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread