OP ElectroBeijing

9th August 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yellow Springs OH
Thanks Meter: 34

227 posts
More
Okay, I've been looking around forever for this-

So I have my school ID to get into buildings, and a lot of people have phone cases with a little slot in the back to place a card. They just put their IDs in the slot, so they can just tap their phone to unlock the door. I also know some people who just have more rubbery phone cases (TPU I'm guessing) that you can slip the ID behind the phone, and it not loosen the case up. Right now I have a hard plastic case, and trying to put my ID behind it doesn't work. Would a TPU case be flexible enough for me to put my ID in the back without messing up the fit? I know I could just get a case with the card slot, but I want a case I can get a custom image on the back of, and I've only seen that on hard plastic / TPU cases. Thanks for any tips.
11th August 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 259

409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroBeijing

Okay, I've been looking around forever for this-

So I have my school ID to get into buildings, and a lot of people have phone cases with a little slot in the back to place a card. They just put their IDs in the slot, so they can just tap their phone to unlock the door. I also know some people who just have more rubbery phone cases (TPU I'm guessing) that you can slip the ID behind the phone, and it not loosen the case up. Right now I have a hard plastic case, and trying to put my ID behind it doesn't work. Would a TPU case be flexible enough for me to put my ID in the back without messing up the fit? I know I could just get a case with the card slot, but I want a case I can get a custom image on the back of, and I've only seen that on hard plastic / TPU cases. Thanks for any tips.

A transparent TPU would do the trick for you but you should bear in mind a couple of things:
1) The HTC One back is not flat but curved
2) Thickness of the card (if it is too thick it may push away the TPU case from the edges (because of point 1)
3) Thickness of the TPU case (too thick it will not let you see through, too think it may not be good for your phone

I think the best course of action would be to go find a TPU case with the phone and the ID and just test.
28th August 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 480

1,434 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B9C...&robot_redir=1

As poster said above, this phone as a pretty concave curve that can either damage the case or the ID card. Best to get a "wallet case" like linked above and use the front of your phone to utilize the ID instead of the back.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread