Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][M7C] HTC One Dual SIM (802W, 802D and 802T variants)

6th March 2015, 11:26 AM   |  #311  
North Germany
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Sign Just Flash kernel or New Build for Carbon Rom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

Introduction:

This project will focus on the development of kernel for HTC One Dual SIM (M7C). There is now a release for each variant: 802W (M7CDUG), 802D (M7CDWG) and 802T (M7CDTU).

The aim is to provide a stable kernel and complement it with wake features (S2W / DT2W / L2W), at least for now. Wake support is based on code developed by @flar2 for ElementalX kernel, so main credits to him.

Hello,

I have the 802 want to use this kernel with Carbon ROM or XPOSED Framework. Should I just flash or request an build for this?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

@bgcngm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOX-Regie

Hello,

I have the 802 want to use this kernel with Carbon ROM or XPOSED Framework. Should I just flash or request an build for this?

Thanks

Correction: I have the 802W.
10th March 2015, 03:00 PM   |  #312  
Thanks Meter: 40

119 posts
hello bgcngm

I would dream of using my usb wireless nic (model TP-LINK TL-WN722N) on my M7CDUG with OTG cable.

chiragkrishna made a tutorial on how to do it here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...7#post54925307
but I haven't any knowledge in linux kernel compiling

do you think it would be possible to add this feature in your kernel ?

or do you think chiragkrishna's tutorial is straight-on , and I could myself use it to compile my own kernel, even if I never did it in the past ?

Thank you.

Regards
25th March 2015, 05:34 PM   |  #313  

119 posts
hello bgcngm,

I'm trying to build kernel by myself.
cdug-Just to start I try to build stock kernel from m7cdug-3.4.10-ga936d02...

once compilation finished OK it seems I'm missing some standard .ko files : wlan.ko and prima directory (with prima_wlan.ko)
is it normal ???

thanks for your help
25th March 2015, 06:15 PM   |  #314  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,707

3,628 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, that's normal. Not all modules are built when compiling the stock kernel from HTC. Use the ones that are prebuilt.
Yesterday, 02:10 PM   |  #315  

119 posts
sadly I'm stuck in bootloop, even before boot animation
so on this early stage adb is not active and I don't know how to debug ...

what I've done :
- compiled completely-stock kernel with linaro toolchain and default m7cdug_defconfig
- repacked boot.img with generated zimage
- take all my generated .ko files + moved the cfg80211 one to a folder called prima
- flash (without erasing previous installed lib/modules files, to keep the non compiled ones (prima_wlan, texfat, crypto ...)

any idea on how to investigate ???
Last edited by denseye; Yesterday at 02:12 PM.
Today, 09:57 AM   |  #316  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 3,707

3,628 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try again with GCC 4.6 toolchain. I have came across several problems when using Linaro toolchains.
Today, 10:19 AM   |  #317  

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

Try again with GCC 4.6 toolchain. I have came across several problems when using Linaro toolchains.

Thanks for your response bgcngm !
I will try ....
But I saw in your github you compiled with arm-cortex_a15-linux-gnueabihf-linaro_4.8.3-2014.04

I analyzed last_kmsg after bootloop, and I have very strange things, like this errors :
Code:
[    2.012177] c1      1 init: property 'ro.hardware' doesn't exist while expanding '/init.${ro.hardware}.rc'
[    2.012238] c1      1 init: error while handling import on line '9' in '/init.rc'
As I builded with same ramdisk as stock kernel I really don't understand what can lead to that errors !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread