[PORT] [ROM] Android L Developer Preview for HTC One [ALPHA 2]

Search This thread

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah I flashed it yesterday, and am loving it.. Battery is really good, as well.
Yeah I can't wait
The Sprint fans should know Team Nocturnal is finalizing their build of Pure GPE 5.0.1 (v1.0.0 I assume)

I honestly don't have time right now to make my own cook, but they report they have RIL working (the main issue with Sprint GPE)

For now, GPE is probably a bit better than CM unless you NEED something (the custom kernels, mainly, for things like DT2W and stuff) or hate having a flawless ROM from the manufacturer with great battery and flawless camera

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Dt2w will work in gpe. Just needs to be added. Cm has more customizations than that but it may be a bit before some of the others are added. I think they went through the most popular ones and ones existing prior to cm12. The new quick settings would nerd to be redone if they are going to allow customization.

Reactions: ajbiz11

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Dt2w will work in gpe. Just needs to be added. Cm has more customizations than that but it may be a bit before some of the others are added. I think they went through the most popular ones and ones existing prior to cm12. The new quick settings would nerd to be redone if they are going to allow customization.

Yes but there are issues with it. Like the fact that it forces the screen to be active when off, which causes the screen to be touchable when on a phone call and the screen is off.

liam_davenport

Apr 17, 2014
Wakefield
HTC Desire
HTC One X+
I maybe can help you
I have a gflex 2 atm but i have my old m7 to. Are you try somethink to port? And maybe a loggcat?

Sent from my LG-H955 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi,
i still have One M7.
So if you want i can help also in testing rom and kernel

He's not looking for testers or people using this as a free ride to get M

If you read he wants someone to make a kernel if you can PM him

Reactions: poondog and iDpC1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-L-developer-preview-1000x575.jpg

Say hello to Android L Developer Preview for HTC One

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this?

This is a direct port of Android L Developer Preview, which was released for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi). This is not a SDK port, this is the real deal!

How did you do it?

Magic! Just kidding, a lot of hard work went into porting everything. Special thanks to these mega awesome guys, this ROM would've not been possible if they didn't help us (make sure you thank them too):

sykopompos - For helping me out with ramdisk and providing useful tips
    poondog - For helping me fix the graphical glitches in kernel (and yes, I am using his awesome kernel)
    feltox and manups4e - For helping me in additional debugging of the builds

What works and what doesn't work?

At the moment, this port is in alpha stages. We are working really hard every day to fix the major issues quickly, but since this is a non-Nexus device, it's quite complicated to get things working smoothly. Half of the things work, half of the things don't work.

You are more than welcome if you want to help us in fixing bugs, together we can eliminate the bugs and fix issues faster

What doesn't work at the moment:

WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Data DATA WORKS NOW (thanks to @manups4e)
    Sensors (except GPS)
    Camera
    Sound

What works at the moment:

Everything else as far as I know, but do let me know if you find anything else that doesn't work

Once again, this is currently in ALPHA stage and we are working to fix whatever is not working, so please don't spam this thread with posts like "Camera does nt work, what 2 do"

Screenshot

S45OnUhl.jpg

How to install:

Download the ROM
    Place the ROM in your internal storage/SD card
    Reboot into recovery (MUST BE LATEST TWRP/CWM)
    Wipe the following partitions: cache, dalvik cache, data and system
    Flash ROM
    Reboot

First boot takes around 10-15 minutes

Download

ALPHA 2: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B64IJ9xlDpb4UFRiTkVOWm9rVkU/preview

Changelog

10/8 - ALPHA #2
    > Fixed data (3G/4G now works)

11/7 - ALPHA #1
    > Initial build

FAQ

Q. Can I flash a custom kernel on top of it?
    A. No, we use a heavily modified ramdisk and kernel, so if you flash another kernel the ROM will stop booting. DO NOT FLASH ANY CUSTOM KERNEL ON TOP OF THIS

Q. XYZ doesn't work
    A. This ROM is currently in ALPHA stages so that is expected. On top of that, Android L is currently a developer preview so any bugs in the developer preview will show up on this port as well.​
    Camera dnt work, wat 2 do?

Sent from my C6916
    Hi everyone,

GPL required Kernel source here, more info soon

https://github.com/poondog/android_kernel_htc_msm8960
    oh that was meant to be a joke... and anway u look thru my posts , although i didnt gave much useful input but i did tried to state some pointers

Maybe just sit back, read without posting, and wait like many other users until one of the guys working on this specifically say that they got something working. Saying things like "so what's the solution" doesn't provide much more than clutter. Multiple people (as well as a mod) have already asked you to stop posts like that.
    back to work :)