*Guide* : Better battery life on htc one [Updated]

Search This thread

balag59

May 31, 2014
anyway updated my guide

HTC screwed it up in the 4.4.3 and up regarding the power saver mode. i think somr of the 4..4.2 EU wwe aslo have the same problem . http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2808849
thansk for yr link anyway. have posted in the main rom section

Hey!In case your on the latest firmware and your trying out the maximus rom do let me know as to whether the extreme power saver mode is working or not on that and how good the battery life is in general. .Thanks!

lewonsky

Jul 8, 2014
Hey!In case your on the latest firmware and your trying out the maximus rom do let me know as to whether the extreme power saver mode is working or not on that and how good the battery life is in general. .Thanks!

Well I have not tried the maximus rom . Still deciding . But according to users in that rom thread, they stated it's working. Well I am not sure if the bug will materialise after some time which in my case it did on various 6.09 roms.
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

lewonsky

Jul 8, 2014
The maximus rom is also not working with extreme power saver properly. I need to reboot to get it working correctly

Reactions: balag59

papakaliati

Dec 24, 2011
Cologne
I am sorry, but your solution on saving battery life is disabling every single feature that actually makes your smartphone smart?

Because the greatest features of android for me are ALL location based, namely the warnings of the road condition when being at work, if a road is closed or in heavy traffic, even the last parking location is great. Disabling those actually makes android for me, and for everyone a shadow of its former self.

And if your are concerned about privacy, then bad luck choosing android that is being run by a company that makes all of its money from advertisements.

I would agree that that would increase battery life, but its just a terrible price to pay.

lewonsky

Jul 8, 2014
I do not know if u guys know this but greenify paid app has the ability to reveal hidden settings in autosync
Maybe someone can explain what these do cos disabled some of these

Attachments

• 1411348266832.jpg
    1411348266832.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 140

lewonsky

Jul 8, 2014
This is my stats after following guide 2 only

Attachments

• 1411437515780.jpg
    1411437515780.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 258
  • 1411437527930.jpg
    1411437527930.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

bikkits

Viber is a *****, huh. I despise it.

But I refuse to let it win and uninstall it. Just manually fire it up whenever I want to type out a reply.

Somebody needs to strip it back and integrate the Viber 'e-messaging' service with less **** framework.

Pardon my rage.

lewonsky

Jul 8, 2014
Hi!Thanks for that. .thats useful. .also since your on maximus rom could you tell me how the battery life is in general. .total time and screen on time on one full charge?Also do you think its better than the viper one battery life wise?

i reverted to 4.2.2 again, maximus battery life is better than viperone.
but the extreme power saver mode is still buggy

haris182

May 4, 2011
Jakarta
For those who having problems with switching Play Services to user app in Titanium backup, I found a solution (kinda).
First, I moved GmsCore.apk & .odex from /system/priv-app to /system/app and reboot. After that, use Titanium Backup to switch Play Services to user app.

I don't know if it will revert back to system app after rebooting again since I'm too tired to try it and I'm currently leaving my phone on standby to check deep sleep later.

Cheers

lewonsky

Jul 8, 2014
For those who having problems with switching Play Services to user app in Titanium backup, I found a solution (kinda).
First, I moved GmsCore.apk & .odex from /system/priv-app to /system/app and reboot. After that, use Titanium Backup to switch Play Services to user app.

I don't know if it will revert back to system app after rebooting again since I'm too tired to try it and I'm currently leaving my phone on standby to check deep sleep later.

Cheers

Pls do report back on yr observations Thank u

elbos2k

Jun 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Thank you for your guide! I have a few questions/suggestions/help lol!

For the system tuner app I cant seem to locate loginservice.migrateToAccountmanagerBroadcastReceiver.

For people who use Maps for navigation, I believe you need have GoogleLocationServices and DispatchingService checked in the Disable Service app.

I decided to not uninstall LBE app since AppsOps is almost the same thing. In AppsOps I just select Deny in Keep Awake for almost all the apps I use. Also LBE runs in the background, not sure if that affects battery?

Other than that I'm trying out all the options out in Guide 1. Thanks! :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to add on here for more battery saving tips
    Guys I may have found an easy way to curb Google play services or any other spyware app to stop them from doing things like Access location or mobile networks which may further wreck yr battery life There are 2 guides here , Guide 1 (maybe redundant) and guide 2[updated] . if u think one of these guides works better than the other in yr bbs or gsam results, u want to use just only or a combination of both

App: Guide 1(maybe redundant)

LBE security master
    ( english translation is xposed module, so install that first)

Install and open the app
    Go to permissions , Google play services all permissions , location and choose block or prompt
    U can do this for WiFi and 3g too

I can also set all apps to prompt this way u know which apps want to access what when not opened . And deny them when they are running in the background . Also u will know if Some apps will access eg. Location when opened .. as o fnow i have made all apps to prompt mode so i can identify which app is running wild,. So far none

this part here may significantly save battery
    first get this app : disable service
    choose google play services and untick

analystics service
    checkin service
    NLPlocationreceiverservice
    google location service
    dispatching service

2) Then using app system tuner
    go to google play services - receivers

checkin.checinservices$reciever
    checkin.checkinservices$triggerreciever
    checkin.checkinservices$tSecretCodeReceiver
    checkin.eventlogservices$receiver
    update.SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
    update.SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    loginservice.migrateToAccountmanagerBroadcastRecei ver

*After this u wil only see GCM service runing in settings-apps -running
    yr apps should work fine using battery saving location type

3) Disable Google syncing , u tick individual items in settings - accounts and sync - yr Google account

4) get greenify paid version

Tick wakeup timer colescaling in experimental features

Update:Guide 2 . this guide here may do all a of the above in a better way

1) install paid version Greenify and latest xposed

2) go to experimental setings and tick "reveal hidden sync"

3) go to phone settings , autosync, clik on yr google account and u will see new options with a *.Now can choose watever u want to be disabled

4) Also u can do the same for Facebook app or any other app with * entries . . U don't need Facebook acting independently . BlinkFeed will update for u the feeds

5) use Disable Service app from the Play store to disable:

Google Play Services
    com.google.android.location.reporting.service.Repo rtingSyncService
    (ReportingSyncService)

Google Services Framework
    com.google.android.gsf.subscribedfeeds.SubscribedF eedsSyncAdapterService
    (SubscribedFeedsSyncAdapterService)

here is the screenshot in phone settings for google and facebook example
    qnn4sSv.jpg

hLCISnw.jpg
    Hi Lewonsky!

Since you seem to know a lot about achieving a better battery life i thought i would take your help if you dont mind.i decided to try out the HTC extreme power saver mode last night since its supposed to disable all syncing of background data and save a lot of battery.And i'm not sure where the problem lies here but it seems to be even more worse with the extreme power saver mode turned on.It's lost 17% during the 8.5 hours i was asleep and for the entire time it was on extreme power saver mode only. .Ive even attached a screenshot below where it indicates that it was in deep sleep for 99% of that time. .taking this into consideration is it really supposed to lose so much battery overnight on extreme power saver mode?any help would be really appreciated thanks!Im on viperone 7.0.1 and stock kernel.I also tried draining my battery to 0% a couple of times as you advised me to calibrate battery. .If you have any other advice or suggestions on how to get a better battery life especially during standby or when screen is off it would be great. .i already am planning to follow that you have mentioned in a couple of threads of yours regarding this. .Thanks again for all the help!

I have noticed the extreme power saver is buggy in 4.4.3 Rom . At times it didn't turn off the data . So I have reverted to 4.4.2 5.11.661.8 Rom . This is the only version according to me in which extreme power saver node works correctly .

Try reflashing the firmware
    As i said,right now im using the latest indian firmware 5.12.707.105. .and im from india. .so do i still need to change my firmware. .also the rom im using now. .Viperone 7.0.1 is intended to be used with the latest 6.x firmware. .is it a problem if i use it with my current firmware version?Which rom and firmware version are you on?

use the 6.13.707 firmware with viperone 7.01
    Thanks!So thats the best firmware version for bettery life with in india is it?Also could you provide me a link for that firmware?

u may get better battery life due to radio intended for yr device.

http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_htcone/downloads/6.13.707.1_firmware.zip/

if u download the full firmware, and u are using a custom rom or a rom which is older than the firmware or u dont want yr root or s-off problems
    open the zip and remove these ) if yr zip program supports deleting files. else u need to unzip , delete and zip up again

hboot
    boot
    recovery
    tz

basically u are only left with radio, rcdata and touchscreen drivers
    Thanks a ton!I was thinking il revert back to 5.12.707.104 and get s-off and supercid and then apply the stock ota update from this link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZlJpP_KvqEYkNqTkUxRnY4ZGM/edit. .this is for 4.4.3 + 6.13.707.1 firmware. .i think you would have seen this in the other thread. .so should i do this or directly just update only the firmware to 6.13.707.1 without changing my rom. .what would you suggest?Thanks!

If u use the its update it will also update yr hboot and remove recovery . So just use the modified firmware