Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 47,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] HTC One M7 - Purple Tint Fix

Tip us?

king_david43
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsolja123 View Post
So which eBay one is the one to get ? The one with the blue chip board ? Can someone who's. Swapped modules open there camera system files and tell what is shows as far as camera type?
The one @thiagodm said he bought doesn't have the tint

qujiujiu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have successfully opened the phone. There existed copper tape covered in the camera module and I did not re-cover it. I used thermal grease to connect the camera and middle panel at the back of the LCD. then i found the method did not work. i have bought a new camera module. i will re-open the phone and re-cover the copper tape already in the camera mudule to test if the purple tint can be fixed,if not,i will use the new camera module.

e1forall
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Ohh.. thts gr8 .. nw if anyone would put up detailed information for new camera module it would be great..

In my case I have Dev edition bought in US and brought to India.. so cant claim the warranty.. and HtC guys charge for opening international models and camera module separatly which make the servicing altogether very expensive for me.. and the 64gb variant is not available in India.. so i am thinking is there any way to alter the internal storage to 32gb?? Plzz anyone

alomex21
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Bump, this thread is gold guys, if someone fix it with the op instruction, that would be awesome, ill try this soon.

king_david43
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I was going to try the op fix but I think I lost the copper tape I bought and might have to order some more if I can't find it

e1forall
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Guys anyone for previous post?

What would happen if a flash a 32gb ruu on 64gb variant ..will this alter the 64gb partition to 32gb making the remaining 32gb unsuable?
Anyone done this?

alomex21
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1forall View Post
Guys anyone for previous post?

What would happen if a flash a 32gb ruu on 64gb variant ..will this alter the 64gb partition to 32gb making the remaining 32gb unsuable?
Anyone done this?
Wrong thread

e1forall
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alomex21 View Post
Wrong thread
alomex21 .. I am facing the same issue and have to send the One to Service center, so I asked.

Atleast link me to the best camera module available without the tint problems so I can try to get one those

alomex21
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1forall View Post
alomex21 .. I am facing the same issue and have to send the One to Service center, so I asked.

Atleast link me to the best camera module available without the tint problems so I can try to get one those
Actually its literally impossible to give you a link to a perfect module since the fault of the camera is the heatfrom the screen to the camera, so it better to try to open by yourself with atleast 4 guitar picks, and the copper tape will save you some bucks