Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 597

536 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quoted myself.. Again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanob

any knows where to get the OmniVision camera module?

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Still worth a try mate.

Have you seen this?

Link to the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=498

Quick and revised to "common sense" google translation from the Google Translate app for Android:

There might still be a silver lining here..

Still, the principle of heatsink (aluminium + copper combination) applies here and heat redirection/dissipation to somewhere.

I am looking to get these done myself but I am still waiting for my 2 batteries that I've ordered online. I got 2 M7s here with bloated/inflated battery. Once I have received those, then I'll play around with it. As of now, as you are the current one that can play around with the phone, I'm getting my hopes up on you @bor3d2damax.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

anything similar to this camera module (2 ICs in the front-bottom of the camera module, very visible), is the higher the chance that its the ST Camera Module:

http://www.parts4repair.com/4mp-back...a-for-htc-one/

This COULD BE the OmniVision camera module (camera has a different (metalic) cover), but I haven't confirmed. Check out the difference of the two.

http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-htc-...ng-camera.html

I would need someone to confirm or contact the resellers.

12th September 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Anyone can answer, are camera chip HTC One Duos (802w) & HTC One (801e) same?
19th September 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #113  
Flag Kupari
Thanks Meter: 68

388 posts
More
if you can, send the phone on warranty, describe to them that your camera is broken and they will give you brand new device, I have sent mine, it was rooted but i couldn't s -off it so my bootloader was relocked, and they have replaced my device with new one with S-OFF hboot 1.57 don't know why but they are great
The Following User Says Thank You to s0kY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #114  
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute poison

I had no problems openning the case, disassembling or performing the fix but it didn't work at all. I don't know what i did wrong.

well this guide is probably for those who got a "light" problems with their cameras...
my colors is always pink, purple at low light, I guess its not a heat problems or whatever... and you cannot recover it by this way.

the only way to fix it I guess is getting another camera module and replacing it.

i will get my at ebay today and gonna see if it helps...
25th September 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 55

78 posts
Try to put your phone into the fridge for some minutes then try to take a photo. Mine take better imgs after lower phone temp. I think i'll try copper tape fix

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
7th October 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #116  
Flag Bottnaryd
Thanks Meter: 23

192 posts
More
I have the tint, but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't help.
I tried it in -15 degrees celsius, left the phone lying on my car roof for ten minutes, there's no way it was overheating, it was close to freezing to my fingers.
And it was still there on high iso.

Btw, my focusing system makes weird noises too, last night it just whirred, like the vibrator almost.
I heard it from ten feet away.
Is it possible that my camera module has been damaged and my tint is unrelated to this?

Anyone got another solution?
Last edited by Shadowdancer123; 7th October 2014 at 01:30 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread