No registration required

[GUIDE] HTC One M7 - Purple Tint Fix

OP Skanob

24th November 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 8

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_david43

Check and see if you damaged the sim flex cable when opening the phone up or maybe the flex cable is not connected to the socket in the daughter board

I replaced the lcd which I bought already in the housing including the sim reader and flex connector. I made sure the flex cable was fully in the socket.
I will try using my original sim reader and flex cable and see if anything changes (doubt it though because the Lcd and housing i bought was genuine OEM)
24th November 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #132  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 46

167 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius88

I replaced the lcd which I bought already in the housing including the sim reader and flex connector. I made sure the flex cable was fully in the socket.
I will try using my original sim reader and flex cable and see if anything changes (doubt it though because the Lcd and housing i bought was genuine OEM)

Same thing happened to me after I changed my LCD display. I opened the phone up again wiped and really pushed in the connector to make sure it was secure. And now it works fine even tho I have had other problems
25th November 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 8

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_david43

Same thing happened to me after I changed my LCD display. I opened the phone up again wiped and really pushed in the connector to make sure it was secure. And now it works fine even tho I have had other problems

I tried and pushed it in as far as it would go...even tried the original that came with the phone. Nothing.
One thing I notice is that before I even put in a sim card, the phone doesnt say that I dont have a sim card installed. Nothing happens when a sim card is inserted either. The network "triangle" has 0 bars before a sim card and still 0 bars after. My Galaxy S4 tells me that my sim card is not installed... could that be problem here?
25th November 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #134  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 46

167 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius88

I tried and pushed it in as far as it would go...even tried the original that came with the phone. Nothing.
One thing I notice is that before I even put in a sim card, the phone doesnt say that I dont have a sim card installed. Nothing happens when a sim card is inserted either. The network "triangle" has 0 bars before a sim card and still 0 bars after. My Galaxy S4 tells me that my sim card is not installed... could that be problem here?

Try rebooting the phone a couple of times and removing and putting back the sim card. I had the same problem but it eventually worked after a couple of reboots
25th November 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 39

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibihr

With unlocked bootloader HTC refuses to repair for free, at least that's what they told me. Call center said it was for free, but when I sent it to repair they asked 300€

Well I did some research on the internetz, and found this:

http://matija.suklje.name/rooting-an...warranty-in-eu

So they have to fix it, or proove that software caused this defect.

I see you sre from Croatia, where you allready in the EU at that the time? I'm from Slovenija...
25th November 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #136  
Flag Rijeka HR
Thanks Meter: 47

165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbal

Yes I know. My phone is rooted, tampered with, unlocked... so will they reject my warranty for the camera? It's a hardware issue, but they can say no warranty because of unlocked...

Quote:

Well I did some research on the internetz, and found this:

http://matija.suklje.name/rooting-an...warranty-in-eu

So they have to fix it, or proove that software caused this defect.

I see you sre from Croatia, where you allready in the EU at that the time? I'm from Slovenija...

Yes, I sent it to Zagreb. The customer service told me it was for free, even with unlocked bootloader, but then I had to pay 300€ for "modificated software, mother board replacement" so I gave up... Of course I didn't pay, I bought a new one with just 60€ more...
25th November 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #137  

258 posts
Quote:

Yes, I sent it to Zagreb. The customer service told me it was for free, even with unlocked bootloader, but then I had to pay 300€ for "modificated software, mother board replacement" so I gave up... Of course I didn't pay, I bought a new one with just 60€ more...

I'm talking about camera, not MB replacement.

What was the problem with your phone? Could it be caused by software? Did you brick your phone while flashing
25th November 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #138  
Flag Rijeka HR
Thanks Meter: 47

165 posts
More
Quote:

I'm talking about camera, not MB replacement.

What was the problem with your phone? Could it be caused by software? Did you brick your phone while flashing

No I sent it because if the purple tint. Everything was stock, except the unlocked bootloader, as I tried once another rom. That's it. I told them I just wanted the camera replaced, they said that when the software has modifications ( unlocking the bootloader is that for them) the replace the motherboard in toto. I still don't understand why, but that's what happened to me...
25th November 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #139  

258 posts
Quote:

No I sent it because if the purple tint. Everything was stock, except the unlocked bootloader, as I tried once another rom. That's it. I told them I just wanted the camera replaced, they said that when the software has modifications ( unlocking the bootloader is that for them) the replace the motherboard in toto. I still don't understand why, but that's what happened to me...

Cr*a I don't know why would they need to replace MB to fix the camera. I guess I can expect the same reply. Must get battle ready
Yesterday, 10:20 AM   |  #140  
Thanks Meter: 107

771 posts
Enabling the flash sometimes cures the problem

[ROM][PORT] Android 4.4.4 | Sense 6 | 3.28.401.7 | ART | Stable

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread